LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships > Infidelity

Married men NEVER actually leave their wives..NEVER!!

Infidelity In an affair or suspect your significant other? Share your experiences and concerns here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd February 2005, 3:57 PM   #1

Married men NEVER actually leave their wives..NEVER!!

Okay I have come across alot of discussions on the subject of married men actually leaving their wives or vice versa, so I decided to post a little story that is true!!

My uncle cheated on my aunt about 24 yrs ago when i was about 5. It was a continuous affair in which the lady was after my uncle while married to my aunt (my mom's sister). So my uncle dated the lady and my aunt eventually found out. She was devastated she was literally deppressed and it was so stressful that my cousin who is their daughter of course, who was 5 months pregnant lost her baby due to all the stress from her father's affair. Well my uncle and aunt divorced. He married the other woman. Soooo here we are 24 year's later, my uncle is still married to that other woman, however through the 24 years and TO THIS DAY, who does my uncle cheat on his other woman (wife now) with???? MY AUNT!!

Yes MY AUNT, My aunt who once was the wife being cheated on is now THE OTHER WOMAN! She says my uncle is just a dog but still she let's him have his cake and eat it too. He still give's her money and he still buys her things! It is totally hard to believe but this is a classic case of MEN NEVER ACTUALLY LEAVE THEIR WIVES!!!

My father also cheated on my mom but she said "oh hell no" and she left and never looked back but to this day my dad love's her i know he does and my mom love's him..I can tell, and if given the chance my dad would go back to my mom but she was strong and never let him return and to this day I know she was his #1..He tells me this! When I started seeing the married man I was with, everyone said " he will go back to his wife, he will go back to his wife" everyone know's this is how it goes. I think there are more cases of married men going back, than married women who cheat going back to their husbands because.....men are weak and that is why they run back to their wive's. They don't have the strength to move on is what it is.

So moral of the story.....Married men never leave and if they do they actually don't!!!!!!!!!
StrawberryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 4:28 PM   #2
Established Member

Re: Married men NEVER actually leave their wives..NEVER!!

Quote:
Originally posted by StrawberryGirl
It is totally hard to believe but this is a classic case of MEN NEVER ACTUALLY LEAVE THEIR WIVES!!!

So moral of the story.....Married men never leave and if they do they actually don't!!!!!!!!!
You are essentially correct STRAWBERRYGURL. They usually don't leave on their own accord. If I was married and having an affair on the side why would I leave my wife? I've already got the best of both worlds.

And statistics point this out. If hubby starts to screw around then his wife does one of two things: 1) decides to keep him and repair the marriage, or 2) decides to divorce him and split. Either way it is the wife making the decision, hubby usually wants to maintain the status quo.

- Tony Montana (Scarface)
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 4:29 PM   #3
Established Member

Strawberry,

It's clear you want to find a way for cheating to be ok because it'll result in what yuo want, some guy to string you along since THEY ALL DO IT.

You know, when in Rome, is not true.
michelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 4:35 PM   #4

Not at all MICHAELANGELO

I know cheating is not ok and this post is not for me! It is for all those people out there who's post I have come across that are certain their is the chance that married men will leave their wives or who are questioning if married men will leave. They never do and my aunt and uncle are classic examples of this. They are also not the only one's who have a story like this, I know many more couples where things like this happen..For some reason married men go back!

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 4th February 2005 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: removed reference to deleted post
Old 3rd February 2005, 5:20 PM   #5
Established Member

There are no absolutes in relationships. For every case you have to prove there are just as many to disprove it.

While I'll agree that there are some women that would benefit from the realization that their OM won't leave the relationship, I hardly think that your aunt and uncle should be the poster child for the final outcome of every married man that has an affair.

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 4th February 2005 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: Removed personal attacks
Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 5:24 PM   #6
Established Member

Pocky I think she was just using her Aunt & Uncle as an example of how a wife/husband doesn't 'truly' leave the relationship for the other person.
jmargel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 5:33 PM   #7
Established Member

rite vs wrong

Quote:
Originally posted by Pocky
While I'll agree that there are some women that would benefit from the realization that their OM won't leave the relationship, I hardly think that your aunt and uncle should be the poster child for the final outcome of every married man that has an affair.
the original poster is basically correct. I would disagree that the men NEVER leave their wives, some do, but the percentage is very very small. If a married couple splits up due to the man having an affair almost always it is his wife who leaves him. Sure there are exceptions but basically that is how it works.

Please explain POCKY, why would a married dude having an affair leave his wife if the wife is putting up with it?

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 4th February 2005 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: removed reference to deleted comments
Old 3rd February 2005, 5:42 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jmargel
Pocky I think she was just using her Aunt & Uncle as an example of how a wife/husband doesn't 'truly' leave the relationship for the other person.
She can use it as an example as she wants. The problem that I have is the way in which she approaches the subject and presents her ideas. She uses one example as a testament that all married men that have an affair never leave their wife. I can't be the only one that thinks this is absurd. You can't take one example and proclaim that everyone else in this situation will respond the exact same way. There is no moral to this story. It's simply a story of a man that cheated on his wife, divorced her, remarried and then cheated on his new wife with his ex-wife.
Old 3rd February 2005, 5:48 PM   #9
Established Member

Re: rite vs wrong

Quote:
Originally posted by alphamale
the original poster is basically correct. I would disagree that the men NEVER leave their wives, some do, but the percentage is very very small. If a married couple splits up due to the man having an affair almost always it is his wife who leaves him. Sure there are exceptions but basically that is how it works.

Please explain POCKY, why would a married dude having an affair leave his wife if the wife is putting up with it?
The original poster is basically corrected but you disagree with her that men never leave their wives, but the percentage is very small. Okay - let's take a moment and just read it again.

Did you read it again?

The post claims that men never leave their wives. You agree
The post claims that men never leave their wives. You disagree.

You can't have both. My issue, which I restate, is that the original posts speaks in absolutes and approaches the subject in a manner that suggest there are no alternate outcomes to affairs committed by married men. Almost always is not always. Never, and almost all never, but a few, isn't never.

Why would a married man having an affair leave his wife? How about because he doesn't love her anymore and doesn't want to be with her. Or maybe the OW demands he leaves or he'd lose her. Or maybe he leaves both of them because he doesn't like either one. There are so many different variables to this question.

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 4th February 2005 at 10:22 AM.. Reason: Removed personal attack, reference to deleted comment
Old 3rd February 2005, 5:53 PM   #10

Quote:
While in your world the relationship between your aunt and uncle may seem to be an example for all marriages/affairs it really is insignificant in the world of relationships.
POCKY this forum is not about relationships it is about INFIDELITY and I am just giving a very good example of what happens with married men who cheat, like another post I read the girl was happy that her MM finally left his wife and is with her. Well supposedly my uncle did the same thing but really he didn't! He just twisted the roles around so in reality he never left the "wife". What I mean by they NEVER leave is somehow there is always a connection even if they do leave. like me and alphamale believe it is the women who do the true splitting up!

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 4th February 2005 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: removed reference to deleted personal attack
Old 3rd February 2005, 5:58 PM   #11
Established Member

Re: Re: rite vs wrong

Quote:
Originally posted by Pocky
Or maybe the OW demands he leaves or he'd lose her. Or maybe he leaves both of them because he doesn't like either one. There are so many different variables to this question.
Well POCKY much of this is semantics, NEVER, ALMOST NEVER, who cares.

Mosst men who are in affairs know that once they leave their wives the OW will totally lose interest in them.

THe OW is an OW becuase of a reason and is attracted to the MM cause of certain reasons. Once the MM becomes available 100% to the OW then the OW splits and finds another MM to ***k around with.

This is why many MM don't leave their wives.

What, you think men are dumb? Come on, give us more credit.
Old 3rd February 2005, 7:04 PM   #12
Established Member

Married men do leave their wives - mine left me!! And as you know of many married men who did not leave their wives, I know lots of couples where the husband did leave for OW.....and NEVER looked back.

Ow didn't lose interest in my H once he was free either - they are still together and after three years and verrrrrrrrrry happy too!
Sharmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 7:13 PM   #13

Yes Sharmain but what is the real situation? did he cheat on you and you be strong and give him the boot or did he say look sharmain i'm outta here and leave? do you have kids?? When you don't have kids it is a lot easier for them to let go!
Old 3rd February 2005, 7:24 PM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Originally posted by StrawberryGirl
Yes Sharmain but what is the real situation? did he cheat on you and you be strong and give him the boot or did he say look sharmain i'm outta here and leave? do you have kids?? When you don't have kids it is a lot easier for them to let go!
He walked out on me and chose to be with OW. I didn't get a say nor a choice in the matter. Didn't even have a clue he was having an affair, it had only been going on for three months. We were married 10 years btw. Yes, we do have a child.........a daughter who was aged just seven years old at the time......our *only* child. So it aint always hard for them to walk out on their kids either.........sure as hell wasnt hard for him to do anyway.

Last edited by Sharmaine; 3rd February 2005 at 7:29 PM..
Sharmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 7:43 PM   #15

WOW that is a RARE!! Proof it can happen though, i guess! Not a typical...