Snapchat?

ShatteredLady

ShatteredLady

Hi. I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to computers & mobile devices. I know I've read some conversations regarding "Snapchat" but I can't find them now. I've searched & know it's an instant messaging kind of thing where you can send videos etc. AND it doesn't save messages automatically.

I've got the password but I can't find the app. on a computer. I've gone to the 'Snapchat' site but I can't see where I would log-in.

Do I need to find the app? How could I do that? I've looked under "All Apps" on the computer & it doesn't say 'Snapchat' under the "S" apps.

Is it pointless me trying to get-in? Will all the messages be gone? Could things be saved or isn't it like that?

Why would someone have a Snapchat account log-in? I know of all the email accounts. Isn't this like an email? Just a way of talking? Could it be on a mobile phone & not on computers? My H is a professional geek. I want to be trusting. I've got that stomach churning feeling. It's a REALLY random log-in. We have a set pattern of passwords & I thought I knew them all. He said he opened a new email with a random log-in to send the last NC (or whatever it's called) letter. Could it be that?

Oh please help!

Yes, Snapchat is a mobile-only device and does not exist on a computer.

And, yes, it is pointless to try and break in as there will be nothing to look at. Part of its allure is the fact that everything on it deletes so there is no evidence.

If he has a Snapchat account, you won't get a trail to follow.

• Like 2
Yes, Snapchat is a mobile-only device and does not exist on a computer.

And, yes, it is pointless to try and break in as there will be nothing to look at. Part of its allure is the fact that everything on it deletes so there is no evidence.

If he has a Snapchat account, you won't get a trail to follow.

Just having a Snapchat account is a big red flag IMO.

• Like 1

Snapchat is a mobile only instant messenger where you can chat, send videos or text and set a timer for the messages to "disappear."

It lures people into a false sense of security because people believe it's impossible to save the messages, but it's actually very easily thwarted if you're savvy.

However, I don't think it's a red flag. It's just kind of fad like Facebook, Instagram, etc.

PM me if I can help. This is my area of expertise.

• Author
ShatteredLady

Thanks guys. So it will be on a mobile phone? Could things be saved? Will it show who messages have been sent to or just a big fat zero? Even with the password?

Why would someone have a Snapchat account log-in? I know of all the email accounts. Isn't this like an email? Just a way of talking? Could it be on a mobile phone & not on computers? My H is a professional geek. I want to be trusting. I've got that stomach churning feeling. It's a REALLY random log-in. We have a set pattern of passwords & I thought I knew them all. He said he opened a new email with a random log-in to send the last NC (or whatever it's called) letter. Could it be that?

That literally makes no sense. He opened a new email accounting to send his NC letter? Why wouldn't he just send it from his regular email account?

And yes, Snapchat is designed so messages after an hour at deleted, never to be tracked or traceable. Unless you are a spy or a cheater, it serves no purpose.

My radar would be going off huge as well.

• Like 2

Snapchat has emojis that appear automatically if they have been sending snaps to a certain person a lot. Google them. Even if there are no messages to be read, you can see if their user id has an emoji next to it. You can click on the name to see the actual user ID. My wife got "sneaky" and put her AP in as a friends name after she supposedly deleted him from her app. Not hard to find lol.

• Author
ShatteredLady

I'm so sorry guys. It's embarrassing! I've been neurotic & freaked out over nothing. The "Snap" code I found was something for setting-up my sons special computer class blog! My H took it very calmly when he got home from work. He showed me & proved it was what he said it was.

Ugh! I feel like such an idiot. I was feeling like I was going to throw-up, shaking, stomach churning! I guess this is how it's going to be for a while. Why was I snooping in the first place? I didn't trust my instincts in the past & I was right but now I'm such a mess with everything that's going on. Ugh!! I can't appologise enough for wasting your time. I wish with all my heart that I wasn't this person at the moment. Sorry again.

It is known as a cheater's app. And it would raise red flags with me if I discovered my spouse using it with me being unaware.

That said, I have a few friends that use it simply because it's trendy.

I'm so sorry guys. It's embarrassing! I've been neurotic & freaked out over nothing. The "Snap" code I found was something for setting-up my sons special computer class blog! My H took it very calmly when he got home from work. He showed me & proved it was what he said it was.

Ugh! I feel like such an idiot. I was feeling like I was going to throw-up, shaking, stomach churning! I guess this is how it's going to be for a while. Why was I snooping in the first place? I didn't trust my instincts in the past & I was right but now I'm such a mess with everything that's going on. Ugh!! I can't appologise enough for wasting your time. I wish with all my heart that I wasn't this person at the moment. Sorry again.

Sorry, I missed this post before I made mine.

Look, you can't blame yourself too much for entertaining your suspicions. You didn't create this scenario for yourself. You're adapting as best as you know how.

• Author
ShatteredLady

Oh LadyD I'm so sorry. Even my WH said "I know what Snapchat is!! No!" when I confronted him yesterday! I feel so naive about all this stuff. I didn't even know what Ashley Madison was a month ago! I've been living in this innocent little bubble of family & kids for so long!! I'm learning about the world but it's not a world I even wanted to know existed.

GunslingerRoland

A lot of young people use snapchat, and generally not for the dirty reasons that adults like to think they do. But I'm not sure how many adults use it for above the line sorts of purposes.

Glad to hear that he isn't on it though and so you don't need to worry!

Hi. I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to computers & mobile devices. I know I've read some conversations regarding "Snapchat" but I can't find them now. I've searched & know it's an instant messaging kind of thing where you can send videos etc. AND it doesn't save messages automatically.

I've got the password but I can't find the app. on a computer. I've gone to the 'Snapchat' site but I can't see where I would log-in.

Do I need to find the app? How could I do that? I've looked under "All Apps" on the computer & it doesn't say 'Snapchat' under the "S" apps.

Is it pointless me trying to get-in? Will all the messages be gone? Could things be saved or isn't it like that?

Oh please help!

Sadly, I can't think of any way to retrieve much of anything from Snapchat shatteredlady. When my wife cheated on me 7 months ago, before dicovery I attacked her Snapchat. I logged into it. I tried to recover things. I took backup of the phone. I researched it, but nothing. I thought, maybe because I was a fancy computer science student that I could figure it out, but nope. It turned out to be pretty useless. The only thing I could recover were the pictures that she sent and actually saved beforehand. That was it.

However, I did try to get clever with it. For instance. I saw that there was a picture of her bra's tag and size, just a saved picture, but I cross-referenced the date/time of that photo with the phone service provider records, and voila, I can deduce that picture was sent to her ex-fling that I discussed in my other post, just because the time an MMS was sent was too close too the picture time to be a coincidence. In fact, I just discovered that part of it within the past two weeks. So, if you're still bent on monitoring the situation like I am, and you feel like you've exhausted all resources, maybe try using the resources you already have and cross-reference those with other resources a little bit. Sometimes it's a success, sometimes no, but you never know until you try I guess. Good luck!

Edited by tomcook
Grammar
Great :( my WH is on snapchat as well.

I am sorry. I am not trying to hurt your feelings. But generally snapchat is a younger person's app, my 13 y.o. snapshots with her adult brother... and it is fine. But for anyone past the age of about 30... it kind of is seen as a sexting app.

ShatteredLady:

You have nothing to apologize for-

As one who knows the pains of a long healing process, the mind worries over being hurt again.

Actually, your H needs to continue to apologize to you and reinforce the bonds of trust and use this incident as a building block for the same.

I don't know about you, but I worry every day, some a little, some a lot, that I'm going to be hurt again - because I still can't believe I was treated this way to begin with.

With kindred spirit, Stay strong,

MarkusM

• Like 1
ShatteredLady:

You have nothing to apologize for- Actually, your H needs to continue to apologize to you and reinforce...

wait. what? now, i have to apologize for your insecurity?

• Author
ShatteredLady

Quote - "wait. what? now, i have to apologize for your insecurity?".

If you're my husband & 6 weeks ago you were carrying on an affair & creating secret computer accounts to correspond with your mistress...yes! I would like you to apologize for turning me into an insecure person!

I am sorry. I am not trying to hurt your feelings. But generally snapchat is a younger person's app, my 13 y.o. snapshots with her adult brother... and it is fine. But for anyone past the age of about 30... it kind of is seen as a sexting app. ��

Grrrr my WH uses it for his business, which is entertainment related, so I am SOL (sh*t out of luck) here I think :laugh:

Well got my ducks in a row just in case. :cool: