It's done.

purplesorrow

purplesorrow

The divorce is final. I feel sad but so relieved. I will never marry again. Thank you all for the great advice.

• Like 4
Mrs. John Adams

I am sorry for your loss....and i wish you well in your new life ahead! This chapter is closed and a new one begins...I hope it is full of happiness and promise.

• Like 4

don't write off marriage. It wasn't the concept of marriage that was spoiled, it was the person you shared it with. i can't marry but i will always encourage it. It's where true love begins

• Like 3
The divorce is final. I feel sad but so relieved. I will never marry again. Thank you all for the great advice.

You've made the best choice for yourself and tough choices are not easy to make.

You're human and the fact you feel both sad and relieved shows that you were sincere and took your vows seriously and unfortunately it came to this.

I wish you all the best, live life to the fullest and be good to yourself.

• Like 4
Celestial-dreamer

I know this one, I say I will never marry again too. I've been on my own now for 10 years near. I still feel sadness to this day my chance at having a family failed, to me, my marriage was everything. I felt like my chance was ripped away from me in the cruelest way. I hope for you, you can move on. Me, I can't.

Never say never.

Maybe you don't want to look for it again but don't close your mind to it if the right person just happens to come by.

• Like 3

You should be 1000% committed to never getting married again....to the same person!!! Not everyone is a lying, cheating, bottom feeder.

Enjoy getting to know yourself again. Then DETOX from your EX. I mean ferret out every single piece of crap that they put into you and get rid of it. Then, get back in the game. Find you a person who deserves you and you deserve.

I've seen far too many old, happy, married people to conclude that one lying cheating bucket of excrement is par for the course. You got a bad egg, a dead oyster, whatever. Get back in the love buffet line and get you some. (can you tell that I'm hungry).

• Like 7
ladydesigner

Congratulations purplesorrow! I know it is painful, but it is also a new beginning for YOU, no matter how you spend it ;)

• Like 6
The divorce is final. I feel sad but so relieved. I will never marry again.

I said that when I got divorced.

And I said that through three subsequent, long-term relationships that occurred during 25 years of my adult life.

But after 25 years of being someone's "girlfriend," I actually met someone and found marriage as a viable option again. Go figure.

You never know so don't write off another marriage in your future!

• Like 4
gettingstronger

Wishing you peace and happiness my friend- we started this journey around the same time-its a wild ride isn't it?

There is no destiny!!!! destiny is what you choose.. it's what people keep telling me. they choose what they do and what is done. so... i choose no one forever!!!

2.50 a gallon

After the break up of my marriage, not only was I never ever going to marry again, I also swore off from ever letting myself fall in love again. Daily I chanted, I am a rock, I am an island. I am never going to fall in love again.

It took me about a year to totally recover. I got back into my old hobbies, model building, photography, I added raising rare and hard to breed tropical fish. I discovered historical research, and began a side career of writing about my findings. I found that I loved living alone. I could do what I wanted, when I wanted and with whom ever I wanted. If I wanted to spend the weekend at the river fishing and shooting photographs I did. I could watch all the sports, football especially that I wanted.

My sex life took off, I dated lots of divorced women. And whenever I felt love coming down my street and heading for my front door, I was out the back door and down the alley. I got into a long time, on / off relationship with a very good looking woman ten years younger than me, and extremely rich. She was forever offering to take me on fancy cruises, to the Bahamas, Mexico to see the ruins, Hawaii. I almost caved with a two week trip to Tahiti for scuba diving. And that scared me so bad, I packed up my belongings and moved a thousand miles away back to my home town.

I had been home about three years when I began dating a gal who was supposed to be another FWB. Second date, first kiss and my mighty tall and thick rebarred walls that I had been building for 14 instantly melted away. I had no defense, I was in love. I knew I had a major problem when I went home that night, and realized how lonely I was.

My running days have now been over for coming up on 20 wonderful years.

• Like 3
You should be 1000% committed to never getting married again....to the same person!!! Not everyone is a lying, cheating, bottom feeder.

I've seen considerable "% inflation" on here recently. It used to be enough to be "100% committed" to something, itself a challenging target, then everybody wanted an impossible "110%". Recently I've seen a ridiculous "200%" but now this one takes commitment requirements to a new high.

Perhaps we could have a % cap at say 150%, then try to progressively get back down to 100%. Following which we might even get to realistic targets in the 80 to 90% range.

Sorry but at my age I struggle to get much above 70%.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
I hope your ex will now find true happiness ;)

Ok, you too:)

& when he does, i hope he'll remember that it was all thanks to purplesorrow - who had the balls he was clearly lacking & walked away from something unhealthy.

but in reality, i hope he'll get exactly what is coming to him.

• Author
purplesorrow
& when he does, i hope he'll remember that it was all thanks to purplesorrow - who had the balls he was clearly lacking & walked away from something unhealthy.

but in reality, i hope he'll get exactly what is coming to him.

I hope he does too. I hope all the hard work he has done on himself will yield him much happiness. I hope he finds love again and lives a happy prosperous life. He is a great person. I'm glad we are all healing and moving forward in life.

• Like 1
  • Author
purplesorrow
I hope your ex will now find true happiness ;)

Ok, you too:)

Shouldn't you be sitting outside someone's bathroom?

• Like 2
I've seen considerable "% inflation" on here recently. It used to be enough to be "100% committed" to something, itself a challenging target, then everybody wanted an impossible "110%". Recently I've seen a ridiculous "200%" but now this one takes commitment requirements to a new high.

Perhaps we could have a % cap at say 150%, then try to progressively get back down to 100%. Following which we might even get to realistic targets in the 80 to 90% range.

Sorry but at my age I struggle to get much above 70%.

Some of us predict we'd never re-marry our WSs If they were the last person on earth. So can we say chances are a billion to 1? Lol. At best.

For me DEFINITELY 3 strikes and I am SO OUT of re-marrying end of. I think you have to know what you'd be willing to put into a relationship and I couldn't marry again merely to save my assets for my children. It'd take eons before I'd bother with any emotional investment. I doubt I'd even be able to invest 25% emotions. Just not interested. So knowing this about myself, it would be a complete waste of time dating. For a VERY VERY LOOOOoooong time.

The laws here mean that couples who co-habitate for just over 12 months are considered under the same laws as M couples.

Last I knew about 20 years ago even sleeping in the same house for 3-4 days per week was considered "co-habitation".

So even if a relationship developed THIS far, I'd get a lease! Can you imagine the convo? Sign here so you can sleep over. What LH are you crazy? Yep crazy sensible. Sign here. Or seeya. Ofcourse the police background check is mandatory!

Trust issues? Oh yeah! Lol.

LH