The baby is here, after infidelity

DKT3

Well, most of you guys know our story the affair, the divorce, the FWB stage recommitted and at 8:37 this morning the baby. A boy 8lbs 2oz 22" long. He came to us a few weeks early in our time, but I guess right on his time. It was a really quick labor which we expected since our first two were 5 hours and 3 1/2, this one was a shade over 3 hours as well.

I thought I would take a second to share the news before all the family and friends flood the room. And to say you can find happiness after all this mess. We have a long road still ahead but there is a lot behind us.

• Like 35

Congrats. Yours was the first story I read on this forum and a huge reason I chose to forgive my wife. I wish you guys nothing but excellent health and happiness.

• Like 6

DK Your whole story is one that I feel is great and inspiring. They should post it on top for everyone to read.

Good for the both of you. You both deserve a better life.

Congrats on the baby.

:)

Make sure you spoil him :)

Love kids.

Clay

• Like 4
  • Author

Well, they are both asleep I should be trying to as well, but I'm too excited. Man this little dude has a ton of hair already time for a hair cut, and he has huge hands.

Thank you guys. I would like to point out that we made a lot of unhealthy decisions along the way I have a lot of regrets. We are far from the model, but we are in love and we never stopped. We just had to find a way to lay down the pride and egos to truly understand we BOTH F'ed up and we both had to fix ourselves.

I look at it now and think "who would ever believe this black kid from south central LA and this white girl from Cardiff Wales would find a common ground, fall in love and stick together through it all" that's not suppose to happen, or at least its what we've always been told.

Again talks guys, may not be around much for a couple days.

• Like 10

Congrats DKT3 I'm glad you and your wife found your happiness together. I agree with the other poster. Your story should be a sticky and used for inspiration for people who want to try and reconcile.

• Like 3

Wow. Sounds like a future linebacker you got there. So glad he's here; a tangible symbol of your new lives together. It was great to hear of your re-marriage and now this. Nice to have some good news for a change. Congrats.

• Like 4
  • Author

Mom and baby are doing great, I will get to take them home today pending the 11am check-up.

I wanted to thank everyone for their best wishes and PM's.

• Like 3

Congratulations and may you both continue to receive blessings. Love does heal everything.

This baby is the result of the true love you have for each other. A real blessing.

• Like 4
  • Author

I got to bring them home late yesterday. He had thrash so they kept him another 36 hours or so. Lovin is doing great, freaking out about being 40 with baby weight.

I forgot how sleepless new parents are. HOWEVER we now have two extra sets of hands older siblings are awesome.

• Like 9

That's great news! Congratulations.

I had kids at 40 and 41. Tell your W the weight comes off, just takes more work and more time.:laugh:

• Like 1