Expanded Awareness After Affair

Before my A I never noticed HOW MANY THINGS have cheating as a main theme. Peppered EVERYWHERE. I swear every other song, the vast majority of shows and movies, and tons of literature. Its so hard to escape.

Society itself makes me trigger sometimes I swear.

Anyone else experience this?

• Like 1

But hey, just like the movies, when someone cheats, both partners realize how much they really loved each other, never should have taken each other for granted, and they live happily ever after.

• Like 1
But hey, just like the movies, when someone cheats, both partners realize how much they really loved each other, neve should have taken each other for granted, and they live happily ever after.

Common we know there is no such thing :laugh:

• Like 1
whatatangledweb

oh yeah :( I see it everywhere. It is also in books. I stopped reading for pleasure and avoided many shows and movies because of that.

compulsivedancer

Yep. I have to stop myself from screening everything for H. He says he triggers 1,000 times a day, so what's one more? (His words, not mine). Actually, these days it's the "everlasting love" stuff that makes him trigger, not the cheating things. He says it's because in another 6 months, I could've been pledging my undying love to OM. I think he's exaggerating, but I see where he's coming from.

I hate this too.

I suspect BH was being sarcastic ;)

I'm a big fan of fantasy, and even before the A cratered itself into my life I hated how almost all depictions of the Autherian legend focused in on the Lancelot/Guinevere story. Before it was boring and uninteresting to me, now it's just plain offensive.

Many songs are hard to listen to for me now. One that drives me insane is "One More Night" by Maroon 5. I love the groove and sound of the song, but I HATE the lyrics!!! They trigger me so badly. Haha, I just read the lyrics to the first verse and I think I completely misunderstood the meaning of the entire song. That's not the first song that I've done that with. I hear a snippet and my mind goes to someplace I assume they mean.

There are some songs that I've felt the other way about, like they were anti infidelity, but maybe had nothing to do with it. For a long time I thought Linkin Park's "Roads Untraveled" was about infidelity, but now I think it's not. Still I like to pretend, it fits the subject so well if you reframe it that way. Maybe it is, I don't know. Just a crush? Or someone being unfaithful? I guess it's unclear like many good songs are.

Weep not for roads untraveled

Weep not for paths left lone

Cause beyond every bend is a long blinding end

Its the worst kind of pain I've known

(Shinoda + Bennington)

Give up your heart left broken.

And let that mistake pass on

Cause the love that you lost wasn't worth what it cost

And in time you'll be glad it's gone.

(Whoa) x 4

[Music break]

(Whoa) x2

(Bennington:)

Weep not for roads untraveled

Weep not for sights unseen

May your love never end and if you need a friend,

there's a seat here along side me.

(Whoa) x4 [till the end]

I've never liked infidelity stories where the couple find true love or face the heartache of not being able to be together.

Now i really hate them.

You are so right... so much music I used to thrive on with no understanding of what they were really saying. And it is subliminal I think instilling into the masses that infidelity and loose sex is not only ok but really the "in" way to live.

Rare a real love song that's listenable anymore.