Just an update for those who have followed

I wasn't certain where to post this update since I have only been on this and OM/OW thread.

I haven't been on here for a while and that has been a good thing. It has allowed me to focus on work and family.

I wanted to update those who have commented and helped in the past.

It has been 5 mths of NC and 5 mths of my W and I doing much better.

I have thought less of ExAP as each day passes.

Unrelated to my ExAP, I still haven't spoken to my parents in 5 mths so that has not been a good thing. I hope this will work itself out soon as they are up in age.

Thanks again and I hope everyone is doing well.

• Like 1
I wasn't certain where to post this update since I have only been on this and OM/OW thread.

I haven't been on here for a while and that has been a good thing. It has allowed me to focus on work and family.

I wanted to update those who have commented and helped in the past.

It has been 5 mths of NC and 5 mths of my W and I doing much better.

I have thought less of ExAP as each day passes.

Unrelated to my ExAP, I still haven't spoken to my parents in 5 mths so that has not been a good thing. I hope this will work itself out soon as they are up in age.

Thanks again and I hope everyone is doing well.

I'm glad to hear this. Give your parents a call!

• Like 2

Glad to hear from you again. Well done MMY and Mrs MMY :)

now to tackle the rift with your parents if you can x

• Like 1
  • Author

She is doing well. We are both having issues with our families and we are both sticking by each other and supporting each other.

As for my parents, that is a hard call. I have always been the one to extend the olive branch and this time my heart has harden toward them. I have to be ok in my mind that I may never talk with them again. My folks and I have never went more than a week not talking. I just don't get it.

But I guess I could switch over to the family forum. But most of you guys know my story.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Author

Weski, No. My Mom and Dad (both in their 80's) are just being stubborn and I am tired of giving in to them and my older brother. My wife's folks are fine. It's her sister and husband (more husband). They both know that something happened but my w said she never told them about my A.

So that being said it is just a bunch of BS with family members that happen to a lot of folks. Also, being from a small town my son changed schools to be with his best buds. He is big into football and he left to go to the rival school. My wife, daughter and I all graduated from the school he left. And being in the South everyone thinks it was a move based on football.

I said that long story to say not only do we have family that are not talking to us but we have found who our true friends are. And that list is getting shorter and shorter.

We both are thinking about making a move and get out of this bush leaque one horse town once our son graduates next year!!!!

Boy, I thought this life thing would get a little easier as I got older... :)

• Like 1
Boy, I thought this life thing would get a little easier as I got older... :)

Nope, you just learn to go with the flow.