"Facebook Friends"......almost did not make it to work

NotCamelot

Being in the music industry I get a lot of music before it's released. Was listening to Brad Paisley's upcoming new CD this morning. This song played and I broke down into tears while driving to work.

It's as if the song was written almost exactly about what happened to me. And, as good as things are now, this was something I really did NOT need to hear. Thanks Brad......

Maybe if this gets released as a single to radio it will open a lot of eyes and prevent some from this type of situation........I hope and pray!

She was looking at shoes on Amazon

Her popup ad said find anyone

She thought about the first boy that she loved

Just a couple clicks and there he was

That night she sent a friend request

The next day she sat down at her desk

And four simple words “Hey, how you been?”

And she felt 17 again

And that’s the thing about Facebook friends

It doesn’t matter how long it’s been

Someone you never thought you’d ever see again

And suddenly you’re Facebook friends

They started out just catching up

That led to meeting him for lunch

Before long they’re meeting in some bar

Before long they’re kissing in some car

It doesn’t matter how long it’s been

Someone you never thought you’d ever see again

And suddenly you’re Facebook friends

Oh if it was anybody else

She be sitting in judgement

Thinking they should be ashamed of themselves

For God’s sakes you’ve got a husband and a minivan

And this was not part of the plan

She fantasized they’d start a new life

That he’d finally up and leave his wife

But one day she turned her laptop on

And his whole profile page was gone

I really could have done without that. Last night my wife knew something was bothering me. She kept on until I told her. I said, "Last night was exactly one year ago that you set up your fake Facebook page." We talked very briefly about it, with her again apologizing. The rest of the night was blissful.

Then I hear this for the first time this morning.

• Like 5
  • Author

My EA back in 2009 started the same way. I'm just glad the lady was 1200 miles away.

It is a different world now. I can easily see how these things happen. There is that feeling of regained youth.....and that first love..the one that never really leaves your memory.

There is a lot more to be careful of now. It is so easy to fall into something that you never saw coming.

underwater2010

I agree with 2long.....release the song ASAP if not....I hope it gets leaked. It would break my heart to hear it, but I think it would wake a lot of people up to the pitfalls of affairs from the past.

MissyAnn7729

I am new to this forums thing. And I am at a lost at what to do. I am 29 years old and have been with my husband for almost all of my 20's We met in our last month of our senior year of high school. Things prograssed very fast with us. Almost because they had to. A month before I gradurated I moved out of my parents toxic house. It wasnt a healthy place for me to be in. I ended up moving in with a gf of mine and her hubby for a couple months. Had to end up moving back in with the parents.. Parents didnt want me there. And BF and I moved in together after only being with each other for 4 months. Its the first really love I think I had..

But the year before that I tried to date an older guy.. It was long distence at best. We never saw each other much. He had tried to join the army.. We wrote back and forth to each other.. I had really liked this guy.. We had talked about getting married and everything..Anyways long story short not long after he quit the Army thing/got sent home for. We broke up.. Never talked to each other again.. Even wrote one of those good buy laters.. Since that seemed the best way to tell my feelings..

A year later I meet my husband.

Anyways cut to a couple months ago. I havent talked to my parents in seven years. I have cut them out of my life. But My mother the worse likes to make up lies about me. She was trying to tell people I had a child WAY WAY before I had my child. Anyways the last time I talked to her about it she said that the EXBF told her that information. And my stupid self wants to know if this is true. I end up finding the EXBF's Facebook page and I write him and ask him about. Mind you I havent talked to him in over 10 years. I dont even know if this is the same guy. I just say I think you are someone I knew 10 years ago.. Well I chicken out and deleated it. Well just bc you delete something doesnt mean they never see it. Bc the Ex did see it. Anyways after the catching up thing I found out his life turned out a lot different than what I thought it would have.. Been married twice. Has a older child.. And my mind keeps on thinking dang that was almost my life.. How crazy would that had been. I dont know if this has turned into anything maybe I am thinking to much. But than I found out that he got into some trouble with the Law. And part of me feels partly gulity over it. Like maybe I could been the one to prevent that if we were together. But he says stuff and you just kinda of question what he is getting at? Like one time I was telling about when the parents kicked me out. His respose. If he had know I could have stayed with him.. Hello we hadnt talked in a year when that happened!!. Or that he wished he could come see me..

Or that he wouldnt had been married twice already at such a still young age. Talking to him more I find out stuff I never even knew or maybe just don't remember him telling me. My mind can't help but wonder. Anyways I think I am done talking about this.. Btw my husband knows I am talking to him He has seen most of these messaages that we have sent back and forth.. I say most bc he hasnt seen them in a couple weeks..