What are your triggers? Let's take them back!

BrokenPrincess

BrokenPrincess

Good morning LSers! I have decided that I can no longer walk around with things everywhere triggering me, so in an effort to hold myself accountable to taking them back, I am going to start here and list the worst offenders. When I see my list, I can’t help but sort of laugh. It’s time to get over this! Feel free to release your worst triggers in this thread too!

Word With Friends

Several cities

Blue swimsuits

Journey music

Brisket

People wearing just socks

Baby potatoes

Singing duets

Meteor showers

His favorite craft beer that’s now available at my local grocery store :mad:

FaceTime

Flavored lip gloss

Our “makeout music”

Beards

Book clubs

Two-stepping

Comparing tan lines

Mens Health magazine survey results

my children's tears and anger

Econolodge

Holiday Inn Express

Courtyard By Marriott off the highway

Our anti-versary, the day before his birthday

Our son's birthday(see Econoldge)

The local florist where I bought their prom corsages and boutineers

Mother's Day

Christmas and Easter

My birthday

Fourth of July

Cell phones, texting and emails

The first time our daughter was a bridesmaid for her best friend

trinkets of jewelry

A favorite B and B upstate, no longer

Apple picking with his extended family

My FIL's funeral

upstate, because he'd tell me "don't forget, I can't get any reception up there."

what, she's only a friend.

there was NOTHING that remained untainted by his affair. I have since reclaimed every single trigger, when I finally stopped sobbing and vomiting.

• Like 1

Well if I were still married, then the following would be triggers for me:

Movies/shows depicting any kind of infidelity

Hearing of people I know involved in an affair

The topic of cheating comes up

Hearing about other people engaging in affairs.

That would be pretty much it for me. Things like places, dates, etc wouldn't really trigger me.

• Like 1

I think that all BS's list of triggers shrinks over time meaning you will probably end up with maybe 2 or 3 things that set you off a few years in the future. It's probably not reasonable to expect that your list will get to zero or that you can "shorten" your list simply because you want to.

nofool4you,

Well, I'm still married many years after d-day, and your list still triggers me too!:laugh:

The places, dates, locations don't bother me at all. They had sex in the car in the work parking lot, sex in the back rooms at work, and once at a sleazy cheap motel. Yea, like that is something to really strive for!:rolleyes:

I'm having a trigger right now, and it's not necessarily a trigger about any one person, but of bad feelings in general.

I'm very sick right now (have been for 3 days) and have no one to take care of me, and my guy up and bailed on me about 4 days ago and I have not heard from him since.

Literally every time I got broken up with or cheated on by past boyfriends it was when I was sick. I'd get sick out of nowhere, and literally that same day I'd get sick, the day before would be the last that I'd hear from them... several days would go by with me being sick in bed, alone, no one to take care of me or even just talk to me, and then finally after several days of misery I'd get the phone call/text/email being broken up with or finding out I'd been cheated on.

Now whenever I get sick it's like a bad omen...

• Like 1
nofool4you,

Well, I'm still married many years after d-day, and your list still triggers me too!:laugh:

The places, dates, locations don't bother me at all. They had sex in the car in the work parking lot, sex in the back rooms at work, and once at a sleazy cheap motel. Yea, like that is something to really strive for!:rolleyes:

Well I do not have triggers any longer because I got rid of the source of the problem. Not saying you should do the same. We all cope in our own way.

• Like 2

A few good songs

parties with my friends

the particular road they did it on, under the moon and stars...

his truck

him working late and not calling me til 5am

my spirituality (long story, but I've had a huge spiritual block since d-day)

eating (she called me fat)

kissing (they made out in the house while I was in it), kissing is still very hard for me

fairy crap (she was into fairies and crap like that)

gypsy/boho stuff (she stole my style, it was creepy)

certain friends (other married men I know are cheating with her as well, its awkward)

my church (its public and she knows I'm hired to watch the kids so she threatens to show up - I can't leave) Every sunday is me trying not to have a panic attack

Certain books I liked

Painting and writing (she copied me there as well)

Candle making and shell making (again, she copied me)

The stuff I made for the party they kissed at (but I just burned it)

My house (the hardest by far) I can't just move and they started their relationship in my house....

Thanks, this venting was kind of nice. Made me think about stuff.