15 years

frozensprouts

frozensprouts

In a few weeks, my husband and I will have been married 15 years. A few years ago, because of my husband having an affair, if someone had asked me if I thought we'd still be together now, I may well have said no...

that seems like a long time ago...but we have moved on and we are very happy together

I hope that everyone else on here is also able to find happiness, whether that means reconciling or going your separate ways...the pain does end and you can be happy again :)

• Like 4
almostdidit

Good for you - :) You've been through a lot of hardship and come out on top.

Your happiness is reflected in the balance and kind tone of your posts on this forum. Just as it can be quite the opposite with others not only in forums, but in real life too.

• Like 1
  • Author
frozensprouts
HAPPY ALMOST ANNIVERSARY!!!! :love::bunny:

May your day be filled with love, joy and much happiness.

it will be... we're taking the kids to see the puffins ( camping vacation on an island in the north atlantic)

...if I thought we'd still be together now, I may well have said no...

...that seems like a long time ago...but we have moved on and we are very happy together...

I wish there was a way to put things back together for my situation. But I am glad for you. It does give hope to some... for me, time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Author
frozensprouts
I wish there was a way to put things back together for my situation. But I am glad for you. It does give hope to some... for me, time will tell.

even if you can't put things back together, things will get better for you. You will find happiness in your life again...i'm very confident time will show that

My hope for you is that at some point in the future, you'll be able to make a post on here about your life and how things are better for you and that your life is great :)

• Like 1
it will be... we're taking the kids to see the puffins ( camping vacation on an island in the north atlantic)

I had to look up what puffins are!! :p

Sounds like great fun! I love camping, too!

I was thinking about your post. It reminded me of our anniversary a few months after dd. I didn't know what to do. I just wanted to cry. I kept thinking about the year and what was there to celebrate about the past year. I hadn't even wanted to be married, he had an affair. Then I thought but what about today and tomorrow and I did not want the past to define our future. No way!

So we packed up his pickup in the middle of the night, pitched our tent and watched the sunrise and the sunset just talking about all our happy past days and our days to come. It was the best.

Thanks for reminding me of that day. I haven't thought about it in a lot of years. :love:

Edited by mercy
  • Like 1

Congratulations! I am so glad to hear that. It really gives me hope for my current situation. I can be done. I hope you have many more anniversaries!

• Like 1

Good for you and your husband, Sprouts! It's nice to see happy stories on here. Have a great time on your camping trip!

• Like 1

If anyone deserves to enjoy a happy 15th, it's you, Frozen. Have a wonderful anniversary.

• Like 1

Happy nearly Anniversary FS, we celebrated 27 yrs just recently and it keeps getting better and better. Have a fab camping trip xx

• Like 1
Summer Breeze

Congratulations to you and your husband FS. Your posts are always laced with compassion and caring. You are one of my favorites here and I am so happy that you're happy.

• Like 1
  • Author
frozensprouts

thank you for all the good wishes...

when i'd first found out about my husband's affair, it was a horrible time, and I remember thinking that things would always be that bad, that they'd never get any better. It was so hard to see a future where things would be better.

It took a while, but they did, which, on some level I think really surprised me. Then one day i was thinking about it and I realized that I was no longer surprised but was accepting ( and expecting) that things were much better and that they would keep on getting better.

I think that when you are in the middle of a really bad time it can be so hard to see that there is a life for you on the other side of the pain. When you're in that situation, it's hard to see past today, and harder still to open yourself up to being happy again ( protective mechanism,I think). But if you can open yourself up, even just a crack, you can be happy again.

• Like 2