Is facebook really gonna ruin my relationship ?

1977bella

Alright Im new here so im not sure if Im in the right section but here it goes. My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years,im 24 and he's 31! Everything since we started dating it has been doing awesome we even moved in together after a year and bought a dog.Happier than I've ever been and very much in love...But I started noticing that he was little distant and would never use the computer in front of me or I would walk in the computer room and he would immediately close his facebook etc...Couple weeks after this incident I decided to trick him :cool: by uploading pictures on the computer from our recent trip to Europe and asked to come over so we could put them on his facebook together and he accepted. To cut a long story short when he logged in I went straight to his inbox and it was empty but I looked in sent msg's and for the last 2 months he'd been messaging all of his ex's (complimenting,coffee dates,giving certain time to call so that I wasnt around ) ...He told me its because he was contemplating on leaving me because he felt like I was young and not enjoying my life like I should be ? However he promises nothing happened and he now realized that is not what he wants ?

Any advice,opinions ?

Thanks in advance.

Poor facebook!

It has nothing to do with this, why blame facebook? I think he is responsible really...

I have to say, I would be extremely insulted by his reasoning...

His manner and actions are very disrespectful.

My temptation would be to ask if he was going to leave me? Really??

Please don't bother yourself. I will do it for you.

Thank you so much. goodbye!

Island Girl
I have to say, I would be extremely insulted by his reasoning...

His manner and actions are very disrespectful.

My temptation would be to ask if he was going to leave me? Really??

Please don't bother yourself. I will do it for you.

Thank you so much. goodbye!

Yes seriously.

I'd be the same way.

"Oh. So you were questioning our relationship and your reaction was to set up plans and message other women? Glad to know how you treat potential issues in a relationship. See YA!"

There are too many guys out there who know how to be in a relationship to waste MY time -- my valuable time -- on someone who doesn't.

Being a jerk like him just makes him SOOOO replaceable.

OP - guys like him are everywhere. You can throw a rock and hit ten guys who'll treat you like crap and run to other women in times of trouble.

They'll give you nothing but heartache in the end.

Get rid of him and find a good one.

Don't settle for less than you deserve.

Island Girl
Don't settle for less than you deserve.

Thank you so much.

You are welcome.

I hope you take it to heart.

You're right......Facebook itsself is not to blame...BUT ~ It sure does help people find those old ex's that they wouldn't otherwise be able to re-connect with. Besides hiring a P.I. to find old boyfriends or girlfriends...What better way.

I say Facebook will be the cause & help move along the divorce rate. Just my opinion.:cool:

• Author

Its true , he would of never found these ex girlfriend..but I also beleive it happened for a reason! I know I shoudnt but I will give him benefit of the doubt and give him a chance,but he did get rid of facebook :) . Wich is a releif , thanks for you input guys !

Island Girl
You're right......Facebook itsself is not to blame...BUT ~ It sure does help people find those old ex's that they wouldn't otherwise be able to re-connect with. Besides hiring a P.I. to find old boyfriends or girlfriends...What better way.

I say Facebook will be the cause & help move along the divorce rate. Just my opinion.:cool:

That is why I am so glad my husband has no clue about computers and Facebook, etc.

He couldn't e-mail someone if his life depended on it.

Ahhh the advantage of someone coming from an underdeveloped tiny little country.

Hold on... let me get this straight... so he said this (in a nutshell)

'I was messaging other women and trying to reconnect because I wasn't sure about staying and my reason for that is that YOU are not living your life with me and I was really doing it for you'

Do I have that right...?

Because if I do, I would kick his arse so far up 'you're history' street, that he wouldn't know what hit him. Listen to me luv, he was messaging other women and reconnecting with old exes because HE wanted to do so and because HE was looking for extra attention to that which you give him. That makes him a cake eater. In addition to that when you found out about it, he used a very classical passive-aggressive response making it YOUR responsibility for what he was doing.

RUN.

Run as fast as you can, do not pass go, do not collect $200, do NOT stop.

That's just downright shady and grossly disrespectful. So he was planning his hook up with an ex to coincide with a breakup with you? You don't deserve the courtesy of even a day's breather?

I'll say you should take a step back and really examine your relationship. Perhaps things have not being as great as you thought they were? You two must have been seeing things through different eyes.

It's up to you what you do with this development, personally? I'd leave his a** to his exes, I hope they make him happy.

Facebook is the vehicle, but somebody has to drive the car.

If it wasn't Facebook, it would be something else... phone, msn, email... whatever.

But he wanted to drive that car... FAST!

You need to pull the hand-break now!

Either tell him no more Facebook or jump out of the moving car before it crashes and kills you.

Its true , he would of never found these ex girlfriend..but I also beleive it happened for a reason! I know I shoudnt but I will give him benefit of the doubt and give him a chance,but he did get rid of facebook :) . Wich is a releif , thanks for you input guys !

I think gullible and naive is a description here.

You really believe that getting rid of facebook has solved the problem?

Well, good luck with this.

We will see you again very shortly, I am certain....:rolleyes:

_/l\_

That is why I am so glad my husband has no clue about computers and Facebook, etc.

He couldn't e-mail someone if his life depended on it.

Ahhh the advantage of someone coming from an underdeveloped tiny little country.

I don't know why, but this actually made me LOL.

OP, this guy SAID he was contemplating leaving you, used the excuse that he was doing it FOR YOUR BENEFIT, and was doing shady things behind your back! Facebook or not, I think your relationship is doomed. Dump him before he gets the change to dump you.

Dexter Morgan

If I find out the person I'm dating is a myspace or facebook addict....I know right away the relationship won't last long

long story short, i caught my stbxh on FaceBook and Viola`, he was having an online EA with an 'old friend'...ya, that is the fAMOUS line for

OW....

you are so young..RUN do not walk...just keep running, you will NEVER be able to fully trust him again...

facebook and myspace have made affairs so much easier...they don't even have to leave their house...AND you could be sitting in bed watching TV, while he is 2 feet away talking sex stuff with some OW on Facebook...:mad:

this is awful, i am sorry for you..i think you can see how bitter i am about MY FUN Facebook experience...:sick:

we are now seperated...he no longer has OW or me, but he has his FaceBook still...:o