Getting over him

My ex got a girl pregnant and he married her. The whole time she was pregnant he was still trying to get back w/ me and make our relationship work. I am so hurt and stunned. I don't know what to think. I always thought we would work things out between us and now I find he has this whole new "life". I feel sorry for his new woman, as she does not know what he is up to. He called me again yesterday to tell me how much he misses me and our relationship. I told him he should concentrate on the birth of his new child and making his relationship work. He should not call me anymore!!! He was hurt and sad. The man is a damn fool and so am I because I think about his 10 times a day and think about different memmories we have together. I will not contact him and I will get over him. Any suggestions?

sounds like that of the two of you, you're the only one thinking clearly! Stick to your guns on this issue -- he made his decision to marry the girl he knocked up and he should be devoting his energy to making that relationship work, not sobbing on your shoulder about how bad his life is. Believe me, he's not worth having if he can't be loyal to his commitments.

you're going to have memories of your times together, and while they might make you blue when you realize what you've lost, it's better to feel that way rather than any guilt you might have should you keep up a relationship with him that's anything more than being his acquaintance.

it's a big, wide ocean out there, one full of lots of different fish. why settle for one that someone's already reeled in?

this guy is not someone I'd want to have in my life. He had only pretended to make a commitment to this woman and their child. He's trying to set up a situation wherein he's actually responsible to no one: not to his wife because he "didn't really" want to marry her, because he's "in love" with you. Nor is he responsible to you, because he's married to someone else and about to become a father!

What silly, adolescent rubbish. Completely selfish too. I pity his wife and child, because this does not sound like a guy who's going to live up to his responsibilities.

Not to be harsh, but I doubt he loves you, or ever loved you, because he doesn't sound like he's capable of love. Not grown-up, mature love that doesn't always put the self at the center of everything. Whatever nice times you had, they were nice times with someone who is still, emotionally, a juvenile. Very good when times are good; nowhere to be found when they're not.

Here's a test I've devised: would this guy have stood by you if you were diagnosed with cancer? Terminal cancer? Would he hold your hand until the end? Your family members would. Your good friends would. That's love. It's great to have love mixed with passion and romance, but if you know he wouldn't be there for you when times get rough, then it's not love.

You didn't lose anything but a self-indulgent, irresponsible emotional coward.

HokeyReligions

You said it though.

Don't be sucked into a Jerry Springer show episode! This guy needs to grow up and take some responsibility for himself and for his baby--poor thing.

Stick to your guns....he made his bed, he has to lie in it, and you'll be the one that got away. Trust me, it's ONLY his loss....