John Edwards

It just hit the news. John Edwards admitted that he cheated on his W in 2006. I just read his "statement to the press"... it seems very defensive, although he points the finger to his own narcissism as a result of campaigning ("I started to think I was special" or something to that effect).

What does everyone think? Is he just a guy who gave in to temptation, and most guys would do the same if they'd been in his shoes? Or is he really narcissistic? Does he have a "character flaw" as is so often claimed on these boards? Is he a typical CS in your opinion?

Do you think he is truly repentant? Do you think he really loves Elizabeth? or is he just trying to save his own political future?

And do you think he will do it again?

Trialbyfire

If he's truly a diagnosed narcissist and isn't getting continuous therapy with a strong need to change for himself, then yes, he will cheat again.

Wow, everything about him gave it away. I saw that coming a mile away. No matter all his spewing about "family values" and yada, yada. He was always full of shyt and I knew it too.

Yes, I think he really loves Elizabeth..but only to he extent that he can love anyone who isn't himself.

I do think he can and will do it again. He's so full of himself. Everything about him spell it out. He's a classic narcissist.

He didn't just flirt. He went over the line and had a full blown affair.

And yes, I think he'll do it again.

His history speaks of a narcissistic personality. I've said this about him even before this story broke.

He's the type I would have never even had a second date with. Elizabeth, although maybe a sweet woman, isn't very aware.

He fits to a "T" the type of guy who couldn't get a second date with me.

vedderbetter

All politicians are narcassists to some degree. You have to be to withstand the constant onslaught of the opposition telling you how pathetic you are. You have to believe, truly believe, that YOU are the person that can change America.

Trialbyfire

Actually, a true narcissist cannot withstand the onslaught of negative public opinion. They fold if the world doesn't view them in the highest regard.

All politicians are narcassists to some degree. You have to be to withstand the constant onslaught of the opposition telling you how pathetic you are. You have to believe, truly believe, that YOU are the person that can change America.

Well my H ran for a public office in 1998. He wasn't out to change America though...just our community. And he's no narcissist. So I must take ombrage with the "all politicians" part of your statement.

Although, to my H's defense, he wasn't a politician so much as a person willing to become a public servant (once again) for the good of his community.

And trust me, he's no narcissist.

There goes his chance of ever being picked by Obama for a running mate.

Yeah, like that loser ever was!:rolleyes:

:laugh: In his narcisstic dreams maybe!

Jake Barnes
There goes his chance of ever being picked by Obama for a running mate.
I dont think that was going to haen anyways
Yeah, like that loser ever was!:rolleyes:

:laugh: In his narcisstic dreams maybe!

Months back he looked like the best choice. People change though.

Trialbyfire

Edwards has already been exposed for conflict of interest with his investments. His affiliation to assorted other special interests groups should have already negated any possibility for becoming Obama's running mate.

Months back he looked like the best choice. People change though.

:laugh: Are you kidding me? The "best choice" to whom? Not me honey!

And let's not forget this story:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18157456/

He's the worst damn hypocrite. I could go on and on about him.

I think hes a good man and I havent lost one iota of respect for him

Well, there you go. That should tell us all we need to know right there.:rolleyes:

Have you seen his house or "compound" or whatever the hell you want to call where he lives? Do you know what it's like around the area where he lives?

Or are you clueless?

Edwards has already been exposed for conflict of interest with his investments. His affiliation to assorted other special interests groups should have already negated any possibility for becoming Obama's running mate.

Absolutely. And I think it has.

He's a "has been."

:laugh: Are you kidding me? The "best choice" to whom? Not me honey!

I was referring to Baracks best choice.

Well, there you go. That should tell us all we need to know right there.:rolleyes:

:lmao::lmao:

• Author
Cheating appears to be an occupational hazard for politicians.

Is it really? or is it just normal cheating that also happens to hit the media because of their high profiles?

Okay, I can't help doing this. Maybe McCain needs to use Edward's hairdresser! :p

:laugh: Uhm...well maybe but I don't think he has as much to work with.:lmao:

Jake Barnes
:laugh: Uhm...well maybe but I don't think he has as much to work with.:lmao:
McCain should shave his head and grow a goatee
whichwayisup

Why would he do it again? His wife has incurable cancer.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/080808/n_usa_reuters/usreport_usa_edwards_affair_dc

"Edwards told ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff he did have an affair with 44-year-old Rielle Hunter, but said that he did not love her," the network's website said.

Either way, he threw her under the bus publically.

I was referring to Baracks best choice.

:lmao::lmao:

Yes, I know you were referring to Barack's best choice. I'm just saying that for me he was no one's best choice...not even poor loser Barack. (And yes, he will lose...duh!)