being cheated on :(

DestroyedK

Hello everyone, I've been reading here for about a week and a half, now I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. I found out about two weeks ago that my girlfriend of 8 and a half years was having sex with another person. She finally agreed to move in with me a few months ago. We have a 5 year old daughter and were finally going to become a family. I have went through a lot of loss in my family in the past 6 months and it's been pretty much more than one person can/should have to deal with. She was one of the types that doesn't want to get married, so that was out. Now that she is caught she is 'trying to make it up to me' but I still can't look at her. She has said that she 'is stupid for it taking this to realize what you mean to me.' and... 'God I <vulgar>ed up so bad, I know I did, and I wish to god I could take it all back, every bad thing I have done to you. I wish I could take it all back because now I know you're all that I want in this world, you and her. That's it nothing more. I wish there was a way I could prove that to you.'

I also found out that about two years ago when we were 'broken up' so she calls it, she slept with her ex. I have bent over backwards for this girl and gave her my heart and soul. After she gave birth to our daughter her sex drive was pretty much gone... or so she had said. I went nine months without having any kind of sex, remaining faithful, and have never strayed at all. We were just talking about having another child, and she ends up sleeping with this guy. It makes me want to vomit, which I have done, and it hurts anytime I think about it. She says she wants to do what's right by me, and by our daughter.. the question is, how can I actually believe that? I mean what's the chance that she can be faithful? What's the chance that she isn't just saying this to just get me back for now and then move on to the next person who gives her any kind of attention? She did agree to go into counceling to 'find out what's wrong with her' and 'swore that she'd never even look at another person'. That makes me feel guilty. She says she won't even go outside execpt to get our daughter from school. That makes me feel guilty as well. I just have no idea on what to do, and I basically have no family left to turn to since they have, for the most part, passed away. I'm just really hurt and desperate to know what kind of chance there actually is, and if counceling could really help her stop doing this to me, and if I should even give her some kind of chance to redeem herself. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks