Children's marital problems

I really need some advice here all. My son and his wife fight, argue, disagree, (whatever you want to call it) almost constantly.

She gets mad at him if he comes to me with his problems and calls him a "mommy's boy". Yet it is ok for her to call me at all hours of the day and night with issues they are having.

He works a normal 40 hour a week job then comes home. He is tired. She doesn't work, doesn't sleep all night, cleans now and then, doesn't do dishes, does laundry sometimes, and complains constantly. Says she can't work, blah blah blah.

I try to NOT get involved in their issues, yet she calls me and tells me all the problems any time of the day or night. I'm not complaining, as I don't mind being here as a sounding board, but he is not allowed to talk to me because she calls him a "mommys boy". Not fair as far as I'm concerned. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

When they are in an arguement or whatever, he is the one who is calm and collected, and she gets in his face and won't leave it alone until things calm down.

Well that's all I can think of at the moment, so will end this for now.

Thanks all.

You need to stop talking to her about their marriage problems. If your son wants to talk to you, that is fine, but her going to you too is just putting you in the middle and making YOU part of their crap. She probably feels threatened that you talk to your son so she is pushing herself on you to make sure she doesn't look bad in your eyes. Doesn't she have her own mother to talk to?

When they fight, she shouldn't be calling you. Plain and simple. Also, why isn't she talking to her friends about it? Why you? Ask yourself that and really think about her motives. Then she gets upset/pissed off when he talks to you and calls him a momma's boy? Yeah, there is something not quite right with her logic.

Citizen Erased

I could understand her annoyance if he was coming to you with things before he told her etc, but I mean this is plainly ridiculous that she can speak to you buthe cant. I dont think that any child should bring their parents into their relationship issues because its not fair on the parents, but she is taking it too far by calling him a mommas boy.

Does she have a relationship with her mother? Perhaps she is jealous that he can go to you but she doesnt have anyone?

• Author

Hi. No, he doesn't come to me before talking to her. In fact, he rarely comes to me anymore for their problems. She does though. Him and I are very close and always have been.

No, she doesn't have a relationship with her mother, and yes she is very jealous of the relationnship between my son and I (for no reason). She doesn't have alot of friends where we live, and so she comes to me.

If you want to know more in detail, please e-mail me at: [email protected]

Thanks

IMHO you shouldn't get involved in EITHER side of any arguments between them. If EITHER of them come to you to talk about THEIR problems, just politely say that you don't want to come between them, and feel that they need to talk out the issues with each other.

IMHO you shouldn't get involved in EITHER side of any arguments between them. If EITHER of them come to you to talk about THEIR problems, just politely say that you don't want to come between them, and feel that they need to talk out the issues with each other.

Exactly!!! They are married adults! Although he is your son he has his own family now. Sit them both down, tell them that you love them but you cannot participate in their marriage!

Go and get pissed at me now but I am betting that certain sides of this story are not told in the OPs post. IMHO I see underlying dislike for the DIL. I did not see one positive thing about her.... of course the info was limited.