LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

Wife thinks she may love another man

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

Like Tree99Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st January 2018, 7:27 PM   #46
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetris6565 View Post
but I also feel like asking her to stay will just cause her to resent me. This is so messed up
No no no no no no no

You aren't the one that should be asking the other to stay. SHE has betrayed YOU. She needs to convince you to not divorce her.

Do not play the pick me game. Do not empathize with her if she's feeling sad about things. Do not hug her, touch her, have sex with her.

If she doesn't beg you not to leave her, then you have no reason to stay.

My advice: expose, expose, expose, expose.

Let the OM know you exist. Tell her family. Tell your family. Tell her friends. Tell the bridesmaids that stood in your wedding. She'll say things like, "Well since you told everyone, there's no way I can stay with you now". They all say that. ALL OF THEM. And if you're 100% sure it hasn't gone physical, then the sooner you do this, the better, as you may stop it from happening.

Once she comes to her senses, she'll be crying to you about her mistake.

Last edited by GoldenR; 31st January 2018 at 7:29 PM..
GoldenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2018, 1:54 AM   #47
Established Member

Hi Folks, it seems that the OP has bid goodbye and disappeared into cyberspace. I think indecision is a killer for people and the OP, by procrastinating, is only going to make matters worse for himself. I hope he wakes up in time to take cognizance of his untenable position. Best wishes.
Bufo likes this.
Just a Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2018, 11:57 PM   #48
Established Member

counseling would have been GREAT before you got married. But i guess it is still worth a try. Sounds like she needs individual counseling to try to get her head straight, AND to try to forget this man.

The marriage CAN go on. Fppr instance, there are plenty of bisexual women who choose to marry a man, and NEVER have sex with another woman, even though they crave it and fantasize about it. So there is hope
spanz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 10:16 AM   #49
Established Member

Hi spanz, although you may be entirely right I think being in a union of the kind you mentioned would, for the spouse of such a partner, be like living with the Sword of Damocles over their head. I, for one would never be comfortable in such a union. Of course such a decision is up to the OP. Warm wishes.
Just a Guy is offline   Reply With Quote