Men- if you had one last day with your wife

If you had one last day to spend with your wife/gf/so, end of the world, sickness, old age, whatever your imagination conjures, how would you choose to spend it?

Preparing a list of things she needs to take care of - to keep the home, finances, family, and things running smoothly. Or perhaps getting other people or services to do it in my place - because she would not.

I would want things to keep running smoothly and not cause problems in my absence. Not very romantic - I know - but looking out for things.

My kids - that might be more deep talks.

Edited by dichotomy
  • Like 6

I would go somewhere away from family and friends. I could see a bed and breakfast in the mountains or a small beach town. Or the nicest hotel room I could get in a large city. Leave all electronic devices or turn them off. It would just be time for us.

Probably start the day making love. Room service - breakfast in bed. Then maybe spa treatment together. Massages and whatever else she wanted. Maybe a yoga session together.

Then we'd get out. Do things we like. Whatever that may be. I'm a prankster, so I'm doing something to scare her. Something to make her laugh. :D Something outrageous. Skydiving or something like that. End our time out at the best restaurant I can find.

Then, we'd go back to the room. Spend the rest of the day simply being together. Talking, cuddling, ... whatever we want.

There will be no moping or sadness on my last day. Just time spent together and appreciating each other.

Then I'd probably order roses to be delivered to her a year from now. Include a letter telling her what she meant to me, how I appreciated having her in my life, and that I hope she lives the rest of hers to the fullest.

• Like 5

Just being together. Lots of closeness. No plans. Probably talking about our families, us when we were younger, dogs we've loved together, stuff like that.

Telling her what makes her special and magical to me, and how thankful I am that we met and had the adventures we had.

• Like 7

Lots of touching, talking. Crying. Maybe sex. Hard to say without knowing the circumstances whether we would be in the mood. What about our children, families, etc? I imagine there would be lots of worries to keep us occupied.

• Like 2

if I knew if life was coming to an end and I would

hope to have enough time to drive coast to coast on the

old us routes. Camping on the way.

The end to come on the beach that evening when we reached

the west coast. Have a camp fire and watch the sun set.

• Like 3

Thanks for bringing up the idea norudder. My ex-wife and I had a pretty star-crossed connection once upon a time. Things had happened to wreck her that were bigger than we could get in front of, and a couple years ago she ended her life, after we'd been divorced many years.

I think of her sometimes, and would really enjoy one more day with just us. For a while we were the ultimate team of two against the world, and we won every fight we started.

It was spectacular. Like a supernova.

• Like 5

Curious - why did you ask, and why only men?

I wonder if we would see a significant difference between male and female answers.

If you are curious about a female answer, here is mine:

I am imagining and end of the world scenario - last day due to sickness is just way too sad...

We love going on little road trips without itineraries. We will pick a direction or a destination city....

And we drive the winding back roads in our little camper mobile. Take in the wondrous beauty of California. We would pull over and have sex in the fresh air.

We would find interesting little stops to enjoy amazing food and delectable wine.

We would sing along to our favorite tunes and watch the sky light up as the sun settled on the horizon.

We would find a cozy place to stop... And cuddle up in the back. Talk, laugh and kiss. And have beautiful sex until we fell asleep in each other's arms.

And if it wasn't the end of the world, if just one of us was departing - finances, "important" things like that, those would be absolutely ignored.

And I'll admit, I am loosely describing our last road trip - man it fed my soul.

• Like 4
  • Author

Many beautiful answers, even the practical things are romantic in their own right, thank you for sharing.

RC, I suppose I was curious about the level of sentiment that would be expressed since it's stereotypically men who don't often get to express that openly. Thank you for your contribution as well though of course, sounds awesome.

• Like 1

Hi Folks, if you think of it, this is an almost impossible question to answer. It's something one does'nt want to dwell on. For me, I'd like to answer it by invoking the images conjured up by scenes in various movies and the sentiments generated in some songs. The last few scenes from the movie 'Pompeii' and 'Me before you' as also the movie 'The fault in our stars' and the song by Kenny Rogers the opening line of which is 'Don't look so sad, I know it's over'. I would think a combination of all the thoughts, feelings and actions as portrayed in these would sum it up for me.

Actually, the fact is that no one wants to dwell on the possibility of a final separation by death. However, it is a reality we will all have to face at some time or other and what we do and how we react in the moment will probably be absolutely different from what we would like to think we would do. At least that is how I see it. May not be others cup of tea. Warm wishes.

• Like 1
Cullenbohannon
if I knew if life was coming to an end and I would

hope to have enough time to drive coast to coast on the

old us routes. Camping on the way.

The end to come on the beach that evening when we reached

the west coast. Have a camp fire and watch the sun set.

Bucket list.

Bucket list.

16, learning to drive. learnt map out trips by following

the route numbers.

That summer, trip upstate, we had a US route map.

I discovered that there were roads that went coast to

coast that had the same number all the way.

US 20, 6, 30, 40, 50, 60.

That summer I said one day I am going to do US 20 first.

Then the rest and some where in there the Pacific Coast Hwy.

My wife retires in two years. I do not see how we will be

able to afford it.

We would make love all day. I would cook something she likes, eat and go back to bed to make love...

Exactly what he said.

• Like 1