LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

Sex in sickness and in health

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th December 2017, 12:13 PM   #31
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by central View Post
We agreed at the beginning of our relationship - long before any illness or injury occurred that could prevent or severely limit sex for an extended period - that in such circumstances we'd allow an open relationship after a few months, no further permission required, no questions asked, and no later recriminations.

As long as you agree to the rules.

Honestly for me - if I developed something severe -- like a devastating stroke with permanent damage, or Alzheimer or dementia - I would not blame my wife from seeking some friendly kind part time comfort, as long as she still stayed mostly present with me and loved me.

but it would have to be something very severe and long term. Not just me in a wheel chair.
Old 27th December 2017, 1:23 PM   #32
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrokenlady View Post
Well, I didn't actually go off sex at any point during my cancer treatment
Why not ???

Mr. Lucky
Old 27th December 2017, 4:27 PM   #33
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lucky View Post
Why not ???

Mr. Lucky

I think my hormones hadn't shut down completely then. And also my ex never made me feel inhuman, despite my feeling it about myself. It helped that he wasn't squeamish about vomit and bodily fluids.

We had sex a month after my most major surgery. In the dark, and with me bandaged and partially dressed. But that was very early. Most people take much longer after the surgery I had.

I was so lucky to have him then. I don't think I'd have got thru without him.
heartbrokenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2017, 4:45 PM   #34
Established Member

HeartBrokenLady,

My GF at the time had no change in her desire for me either. She was a trooper.
dichotomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2017, 5:09 PM   #35
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrokenlady View Post
I think my hormones hadn't shut down completely then. And also my ex never made me feel inhuman, despite my feeling it about myself. It helped that he wasn't squeamish about vomit and bodily fluids.

We had sex a month after my most major surgery. In the dark, and with me bandaged and partially dressed. But that was very early. Most people take much longer after the surgery I had.

I was so lucky to have him then. I don't think I'd have got thru without him.
Seems you both understood (perhaps instinctively) the importance of maintaining that connection. Not sure why so many want to discount its value and contribution...

Mr. Lucky
Mr. Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2017, 6:01 PM   #36
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lucky View Post
Seems you both understood (perhaps instinctively) the importance of maintaining that connection. Not sure why so many want to discount its value and contribution...

Mr. Lucky

I don't even think it was that. I think at the time we were just horny people.

It wasn't the sex that bonded us, it was facing a life threatening illness together. He held me down, during chemo. He saw me, bald, bloated, on the toilet, vomiting and still loved me. What a man, to still love me, thru that.
heartbrokenlady is offline   Reply With Quote