LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

Wife bringing random guys in house with our son

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th November 2017, 5:48 PM   #1
Established Member

Wife bringing random guys in house with our son

I'm going thru a divorce and I moved out and we have shared custody with our only son. He is 9 years old. Anyways, my wife is keeping our house and the divorce isn't finalized. My son reached out to me saying that "mommy has guys over the house when I go to bed." I have no idea who these guys are and I really don't give a crap who she's sleeping with but I feel she is potentially putting my son in danger.

Is there any action I can take with regards to this? I technically still own the house and I clearly don't want my son waking up and finding different men in the house esp. when I have no idea who the hell they are?
What-2-Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 6:49 PM   #2
Established Member

Not much you can do. You shouldn't have moved out.
grays and usa1ah like this.
Marc878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 8:23 PM   #3
Established Member

Well, we knew before you separated that your wife was not a devoted mother, manipulative, and spiteful. So, what about this situation really surprises you?

Perhaps, this is her response to the fact that you cheated on her and you are currently dating a woman half your age.

All you can do is talk to her and try to convince her to put her son's best interest ahead of her own... You shouldn't have to do that, but...
usa1ah likes this.

Last edited by BaileyB; 10th November 2017 at 8:28 PM..
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 8:54 PM   #4
Established Member

Can you go for custody? Or even 50/50 custody and limit his time with these guys?
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 8:55 PM   #5
Established Member

This poor kid . How often does he sleep at your home so she can have some adult time without him there?
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 3:23 PM   #6
Established Member

Speak to your lawyer. In my state, sometimes the court will order "no unrelated adults of the opposite sex" are to stay the night in the home while the children are in residence. If you're concerned she lacks the judgement to only allow safe men into the house, you could try for that.

However, be aware that the rule would also apply to you. So, you'd be unable to have female friends stay over when you have the kids.

Also understand that there are loopholes big enough to drive a truck through. To skirt the rules, divorcing or divorced people will have their SO come over early in the morning and leave after midnight, but so long as they didn't sleep over, the rules have been observed.

And, lastly, some people will hastily marry rather than be separated every night by court order. Some of those marriages are obviously ill advised and the relationship may have ended on it's own much earlier if the order hadn't forced their hands.
Old 11th November 2017, 6:21 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
This poor kid . How often does he sleep at your home so she can have some adult time without him there?
He stays with me Tuesdays and Thursdays and every-other weekend from Friday to Sunday night.

I hate this woman more than words can describe at this point. I never in a million years would have ever thought she would be this way.

She took out a restraining order on me a few weeks ago and so I went to my lawyer about it and he basically shook his head. She has initiated every bit of conversation and it's only been thru Text message. My lawyer looked it over and said she had no basis. Once she found out I wouldn't be able to see my son during the order and that I went to a lawyer she immediately dropped the order.

Now, she says she got it not because she ever felt in danger or threatened but that she felt upset.
What-2-Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 6:23 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by What-2-Do View Post
He stays with me Tuesdays and Thursdays and every-other weekend from Friday to Sunday night.

I hate this woman more than words can describe at this point. I never in a million years would have ever thought she would be this way.

She took out a restraining order on me a few weeks ago and so I went to my lawyer about it and he basically shook his head. She has initiated every bit of conversation and it's only been thru Text message. My lawyer looked it over and said she had no basis. Once she found out I wouldn't be able to see my son during the order and that I went to a lawyer she immediately dropped the order.

Now, she says she got it not because she ever felt in danger or threatened but that she felt upset.
Can ya blame her?
Old 11th November 2017, 7:16 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by What-2-Do View Post

Typical cheater ploy. Nothing unusual until they have to prove it
Marc878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 7:27 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc878 View Post
Typical cheater ploy. Nothing unusual until they have to prove it
OP's or his wife's behavior? IIRC, he had an affair with a much younger woman then left his wife to be with said woman.
MJJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 8:05 PM   #11
Established Member

My ex left me for another woman, too. If he ever tried to come back and tell me I cant **** who I want when I want, Id tell him that was the price of the p*ssy. He no longer has any right to question what I'm doing unless I've put our children in danger. It doesn't sound to me like you have any reason to think she's done that.
grays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 8:06 PM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grays View Post
My ex left me for another woman, too. If he ever tried to come back and tell me I cant **** who I want when I want, Id tell him that was the price of the p*ssy. He no longer has any right to question what I'm doing unless I've put our children in danger. It doesn't sound to me like you have any reason to think she's done that.
The hypocrisy is astounding.
grays likes this.
Old 11th November 2017, 8:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by grays View Post
I'm doing unless I've put our children in danger. It doesn't sound to me like you have any reason to think she's done that.
Except that seems to be what this is about. If the nine year old is noticing a string of various men coming and going then it might put him at danger. If he'd had a parade of woman marching in and out it'd be the same.
Maraud3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2017, 3:28 AM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraud3r View Post
Except that seems to be what this is about. If the nine year old is noticing a string of various men coming and going then it might put him at danger. If he'd had a parade of woman marching in and out it'd be the same.
What's the danger??? I wouldnt ever want to make my children uncomfortable so I wouldn't do tjis. But there's a big difference between uncomfortable and dangerous. This mom has made a decision that each of these guys (and I dont think we know if its two or 20) is ok to be around her child and as his parent that's her prerogative.
grays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2017, 4:41 AM   #15
Established Member

It is just one of the problems faced when you cheat and leave your wife in a mess and run out on your child, for the joys of a younger woman...
YOU cannot have your cake and eat it.
You left your wife and now she can date/sleep with/get engaged to/marry whoever she likes.

She will have a hard enough job coming to terms with you deserting her, I do not think it is your place to make her life any harder than no doubt it is.
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote