LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

She says she wants a divorce?

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th November 2017, 12:41 AM   #16
Established Member

Is she Cheating? Most likely, and that's a big problem, but until you have proof you just never know. Bigger issue and one you do have proof of, she is still in love and/or not over her ex. She is risky to remain married too. You could stay and attempt to work it out, but judging from what you've said that would require you letting this go, she clearly isn't going to admit much. Even if she did, you still have a huge issue, she is still in love and/or not over her ex. See the pattern here? She is still in love and/or not over her ex. How can you possibly expect to work this out? You have no history with her, he does. Dude, lawyer up and bail on this sham of a marriage.
DKT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2017, 12:21 AM   #17
Established Member

Do yourself a favor before you go out on the prowl for other women. Talk to your lawyer about your state's divorce laws concerning adultery and fault in general. It's not worth a few dates to lose half or more of what you accumulated before the marriage. Then listen to the advice you receive. And act on it.

Back in the days before I retired I was always secretly pleased when the other spouse fell in love as I knew however much my client felt the pain of this rejection my client was handed a huge negotiation advantage. You don't want to do that--short term pain is long term gain.

Your long term goal is to get out of infidelity. That means D or R but those are only means to reach the goal. You don't have to choose one or the other immediately. Play the long game, and play it better than her.
Bufo is offline   Reply With Quote