LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

going behind back

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ChatroomHero

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd October 2017, 8:51 AM   #1
Established Member

going behind back

Last night a friend was telling me about her 10 year relationship. She recently discovered that her long-term live-in boyfriend opened a PO Box so he could get his mail there. (Some of it was accidentally mailed to their house and she noticed the PO Box address.) With this mail, she realized he opened a new bank account without her knowing. It slipped that he changed his beneficiaries too. (Neither one has children.)

So: 1) he does not want her to see his mail. 2) he does not want her to know about a bank account. 3) he removed her as his beneficiary.

When confronted, he said he is not going anywhere. He just wants to get his own mail, blah, blah, blah. He needs to protect his mother by making her the beneficiary.

I would not feel secure. Would this trigger suspicion for you?
primer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2017, 8:56 AM   #2
Established Member

It's nothing good, I would fully expect he is planning to make a move in ambush style. I bet if she looks deeper she will find other moves he's made toward the same end.
road and Cersei like this.
ChatroomHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2017, 9:17 AM   #3
Established Member

Thumbs down

Whoa those are sneaky actions.
It looks like he may be planning to run for the hills.
Cersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2017, 3:24 PM   #4
Established Member

Yeah - I thought he was being very deceitful.
primer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 1:24 PM   #5
Established Member

Hi primer, why don't you ask your friend to upstage her boyfriend and ambush him by moving out? In fact she should replicate all the actions he's taken but do it on the sly. As they say ' Tit for tat! Warm wishes.
Just a Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 2:45 PM   #6
Established Member

He's getting ready to end their relationship.
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote