LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

Wife taking roadtrip from Croatia to Germany with male friend

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th September 2017, 9:55 AM   #1

Wife taking roadtrip from Croatia to Germany with male friend

My wife is going to see her newborn nephew in Germany while I'm working which is fine. I was going to pay for a bus ticket but she wants to save money by going with a male friend she grew up with, and another girl who is the godmother of my wife's nephew. I don't like it. This guy had sex with a married woman before and bragged about it. Am I being too jealous or are my concerns justified? Thank you.
Croatianguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 1:03 PM   #2
Established Member

I think that whether you should be concerned or not depends on your wife's past behaviour.

Does she have any past with this guy? Has she been flirty with him before? How devoted a wife is she? Has she ever been unfaithful? Ultimately, do you trust her?
Davey L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 3:17 AM   #3
Established Member

If you trust her you won't have a problem. If you don't trust her you will. He may hit on her and that's not a nice thought, but if I knew my wife would tell him there to do I'd only be annoyed on a minor level.
Trail Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 3:32 AM   #4
Established Member

It is certainly much more fun to drive this way with a a friend she grew up with, than alone in a bus. Does the road trip include a sleep over?

I think you should talk with her about it and see her reaction. If she starts showing resentment and becomes defensive, I would be concern. If she says the same thing I wrote above, on my 1th paragraph, and telling you that she will do what ever makes you happy, then I'd feel much calmer about it.
lolablue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 3:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey L View Post
I think that whether you should be concerned or not depends on your wife's past behaviour.

Does she have any past with this guy? Has she been flirty with him before? How devoted a wife is she? Has she ever been unfaithful? Ultimately, do you trust her?
i would be concerned if my wife suggested to go with the guy even after knowing he has a bad character to save money even if she has no past
hammyy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 10:27 AM   #6
Established Member

If it was just her and this guy, I would be concerned. Because there is another girl friend, I would not be worried unless your wife has given you cause to distrust her.
Starswillshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 12:52 PM   #7

Hey guys. Thanks for the responses. No, my wife has been loyal and never given me a reason not to trust her. I've seen some bad things happen to other people's marriages and have had some bad experiences in the past myself. It still bothers me though. I feel as though I would have sacrificed and taken the bus if i was in her shoes. Is that crazy? I'll have a talk with her about it.
Croatianguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 4:12 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croatianguy View Post
Hey guys. Thanks for the responses. No, my wife has been loyal and never given me a reason not to trust her. I've seen some bad things happen to other people's marriages and have had some bad experiences in the past myself. It still bothers me though. I feel as though I would have sacrificed and taken the bus if i was in her shoes. Is that crazy? I'll have a talk with her about it.
She may think she's doing absolutely nothing wrong and has no bad intentions at all which is why she didn't even consider getting the bus. I can see why from your perspective you would think that though. It's fair enough as well. How would she react if you raised this issue with her?
Trail Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 4:54 PM   #9
Established Member

If you were going somewhere with a female friend. Would that be acceptable?
Marc878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 9:53 PM   #10
Established Member

I like the fact that a female friend will be going on this road trip as well.
As for what you have been through in the past, I sympathize with your concerns because we are all affected by terrible experiences.
BettyDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2017, 7:52 AM   #11
Established Member

Keeping this simple - no! Not a good idea.
JHandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2017, 7:11 AM   #12
Established Member

No fricking way I would be cool with that.
standtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2017, 2:00 PM   #13

I would not let her go alone there...
Rose.1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2017, 5:38 PM   #14
Established Member

Nope. No way.
Cephalopod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2017, 9:46 PM   #15
Established Member

With me, if she actually went through with the trip as planned, I would be obligated to return the favor by doing the same thing at a later date. If she balks at you going ask her why. Doesn't she trust you? I would look her in the eye and say "Honey, did you care about my feelings when you went on your trip with Mr. X? Did you have sex with him? I guess I trust you did not, so I am hurt that you do not trust me to keep my zipper up without you around. But, however you feel, I am going on this trip - but don't worry, I'll call you every night..."
Poutrew is offline   Reply With Quote