Is it worth the fight?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years.

My boyfriend is a car salesman, works quite a few hours; however when hes home he doesn't do much because he wants to "decompress". He has Sundays off and is home by 5 when he works Saturdays. Some days he doesn't go in till 11am-12pm and has one day off during the week which sometimes he has to go in for a few hours on his day off during the week.

So myself and my daughter are left to take care of everything, his laundry included.

Recently I have enrolled in school to get my degree in HR, I go to classes twice a week and work full time m-f. I let him know I really need him to step up him helping out around the house and maybe start doing his own laundry. We also have two huge dogs (I clean up all yard waste a couple times a week) Instead of him "stepping up" he sais that my 16 year old daughter in her senior year who also works 4 days a week, keeps great grades, cleans our kitchen 3 times a week, keeps her bathroom and bedroom clean and does her own laundry needs to "step it up".

He acts like a baby when I ask him if he can start helping out more. Like hes the only one that works. He sais that I don't understand his job that its so mentally draining. he only has to worry about work, nothing else. I handle my daughter, our dogs any appointments, I make sure all bills are paid always schedule everything needed.

Am I out of line? Or should I push this issue?

Whose house is it?

I would stop doing his laundry at a minimum. See if that gets his attention.

Yours is an age old fight but my attitude is everybody who lives in the house pitches in.

• Like 3