When my wife was younger (well before me) she lived with a guy in a Fraternity house, I have always found this off putting. I think of the things I have heard of at Fraternities. Have I watched too much Animal House?

Would you have been more OK with it if they lived in a conventional apartment? If they lived together, they lived together just like any other couple. There was probably a lot of drinking -- a/k/a/ Animal House -- but there probably weren't orgies.

You call her your wife, which means you are married. Has she been a good, faithful wife? If so, why are you dwelling on something that happened before you were together? Are you looking for a reason to divorce?

My fraternity experience was nothing like Animal House. We were good and wholesome men. We simply wanted to achieve a place of honor and usefulness in the world. Scholastics. Athletics. Campus leadership. Things like that.

As far as the ladies we're concerned, I always tried to leave them better than I found them. Wanted her to be glad she had a chance to know me.

Don't worry, she's fine.

:cool:

• Like 2

Except for an overnight - never heard of a Frat allowing a long term female resident. Also can't imagine (ok I can) many BF's who want their gal passed around their friends while they were living with them.

At worst some drunken parties and maybe her dancing on a table for them. Or some guys walking around with out much clothes on - or perhaps her seeing a few with nothing coming out of showers. Thats worst I suspect happened.

If you could have lived in a sorority with a GF back in the day - would you have ?

Not all frats are alike, and mine was more like MidKnightDreams' description. Others on campus were not, but nothing was remotely like Animal House.

haha, i think everything's fine! when i was in college, i dated and temporarily lived with a boyfriend who lived in his frat house. honestly, i felt like the rest of the guys there were like my big brothers. they mostly played pool, basketball, played video games and watched movies. if it wasn't that, the guys would actually ask me for girl/dating advice! of course there were parties and the occasional group of freshmen girls who acted like little groupies but it wasn't a big orgy.

i say, as long as you feel happy, trusting and loved in your marriage, there's nothing to worry about! this was ages ago!

Edited by diddilybop
  • Like 2

Has she told you she had wild sex with all these guys?

Don't believe all the stuff on TV. They wouldn't pass exams if they were partying and having too much extra curricular activities...