A successful marriage

Somebody asked me how my marriage is going. I said it's going great, want to know why ? He said, sure... So I said...

Number 1. Because I actually love women... I'm not just after some pu$$y with the all day baseball on TV...after I voted for Donald Trump. I voted for Hillary Clinton, in both elections she was in.

2. I actually listen to my wife,and obey her.. You don't need to know our business, but let's just say this much... She's the boss.

3. I'm a grown man... I don't want just play basketball... I want to be here with her, for her... And she's a grown woman and she wants to nurture, love and be a lady and be here for me.

4. Because she knows who I am, she knows I have Asperger, she knows she has to lead, she knows that she's actually rasing me, sort of...

And that the most I can do is pay for a highly organized, planned vacation or an outting once in a while and pay a few bills.

Edited by AndyMate30

Everyone should have a relationship what works for them. But only few do that. The society ( friends, family and unsolicited people!)puts a lot of pressure to tell others what to do or how to live.

A couple who make their own little world without letting others influence them, are few , as it needs a lot of courage.

Whatever works for you , is your world. Live it.

• Like 2

Shortly after I got married FB became mainstream I got an account. Various people from HS popped up as people I might know & I reconnected with them. I was reading one guy's profile; he & I had stayed friends through professional school & I knew he was a doctor. He had also dated my post-grad roommate so I had a relationship with him as an adult too but I lost contact with him when she broke up with him. . I read through his profile & realized he'd been married for 15+ years. During one of our chats I asked him what his secret to a happy marriage is and he replied:

Hire a housekeeper
so
you are not fighting about whose turn it is to clean & try not to have money problems.

Having been married for almost 9 years, I can't say he is wrong. :) Two years ago my husband was in his city on business. I drove down there & we went out to dinner with him & his wife. It was fun to catch up & I enjoyed meeting their kids.

• Like 2
Somebody asked me how my marriage is going. I said it's going great, want to know why ? He said, sure... So I said...

Number 1. Because I actually love women... I'm not just after some pu$$y with the all day baseball on TV...after I voted for Donald Trump. I voted for Hillary Clinton, in both elections she was in.

2. I actually listen to my wife,and obey her.. You don't need to know our business, but let's just say this much... She's the boss.

3. I'm a grown man... I don't want just play basketball... I want to be here with her, for her... And she's a grown woman and she wants to nurture, love and be a lady and be here for me.

4. Because she knows who I am, she knows I have Asperger, she knows she has to lead, she knows that she's actually rasing me, sort of...

And that the most I can do is pay for a highly organized, planned vacation or an outting once in a while and pay a few bills.

Sounds like you both understand the roles and care about doing for each other.

Thats what I think is important - knowing each others needs, wants, strengths, weakness and looking out for each other and doing your part in a partnership. Sometimes people conflict over expectations, roles, needs, and wants from each other. Love is as love does - and everyone has a different love language.

Edited by dichotomy
  • Like 2