Husband starts laughing at me during sex

Hello all,

I need your input regarding this situation.

So, we were in the middle of having sex...when we switched positions and I decided to sit on top of him..doing my thing..eyes closed..about to orgasm when he suddenly starts laughing, he stops for a second..I continue doing my thing when he starts laughing again and says, "I am sorry but it just happens and I cannot control it..I dont know why it happens every time." It happens every time we are in that position. Anyways, he continues laughing and I was seconds away from "ORGASM" and I just stop...sit quietly while he asks what happened..I did not say anything..I didnt want to say anything in anger and just sat quietly STILL on top of him for like a minute before I lie down and said lets switch positions because I did not want to "KILL" the moment. However, he decided to just leave it and not finish it off. I kept saying lets just do it..please dont f*** it up but nope...He got stuck on the part where I decide to sit quietly and then ended up asking to do it in another position.

What I want to know is that..Am I wrong when I stopped and asked to switch position after taking a minute or 2 to calm down when he started laughing?

Just like how he says it just happens and he cannot control..I couldnt help it either..I lost my concentration, got turned off, got pissed because I was so close but still decide to not ruin it further. I have gotten quite over weight, so its a big deal for me because I dont reach orgasm often..secondly I get tired pretty quickly and third, alot of times I end up having pain because of a health condition so its not as enjoyable for me. It really hurt me that he just decided to stop instead of just continuing and fixing the situation and started arguing on who's right and who's wrong in that situation. He feels it got ruined because of what I did when he laughed but fails to realize that I just COULD NOT keep up with it. I feel that he's wrong here - 1st because he laughed, 2nd he decides to stop, 3rd decides to argue when I keep telling him that its not time to fight over it.

I am lost :(

Edited by dididoit
Superchicken

Sweetie, just before you orgasm, grab both his nipples, and twist hard !.:mad:

If that doesn't stop him starting to laugh I don't know what will.

I know when mine get twisted, it aint fun !.

If the laughing already started, no worries, twist them again !.

I am serious about it too.. Do it to him..

If he's not laughing, twist them "Gently"..:cool:

Oh, one more thing.. Maybe put a blindfold on him, and maybe this may help him from getting into a humours mood..

Ted.

Edited by Superchicken
  • Like 6

As someone who already has insecurities about her body, I would be mortified if my husband started laughing while I was in such a vulnerable position. It would turn me off probably forever.

What is his reason for laughing in this situation? I don't understand how he "can't control it" What is so funny that he can't control? Sorry OP, I'd be pissed too.

• Like 3

is it just a chuckle? I had this partner who chuckled throatily as things got hot

what kind of laugh is it?

when did it start? a while ago?

no right or wrong, just sex in answer to your questions

Edited by darkmoon
  • Like 1
Michelle ma Belle
He feels it got ruined because of what I did when he laughed but fails to realize that I just COULD NOT keep up with it. (

So HE laughs uncontrollably and unexpectedly while having sex and he blames YOU for ruining things???

Give me a f*cking break :rolleyes:

• Like 8

I laughed once.

She stopped doing what she was doing immediately.

I'm a fast learner ....

• Like 4

I'm confused as to what he was laughing at. OP did you ask you husband what was so damn funny? Tell us please.

• Author

He said it happens unintentionally and I'm aware that it happens Everytime when we are in that position...only and only that position. He's an amazing husband so I'm not questioning his intentions or thinking that he's making fun of me. My point is just that it takes it away from the moment we are in and I can't ignore him laughing or end up continuing.

CautiouslyOptimistic
He said it happens unintentionally and I'm aware that it happens Everytime when we are in that position...only and only that position. He's an amazing husband so I'm not questioning his intentions or thinking that he's making fun of me. My point is just that it takes it away from the moment we are in and I can't ignore him laughing or end up continuing.

Does he laugh at inappropriate times in other situations?

When I was in high school I got the worst grade I ever got in speech class because when I was nervous all I could do was laugh uncontrollably.

• Like 1
RecentChange

Yeah I am also curious as to what exactly is triggering hia laughter. Like someone else said.... Does he regularly laugh at inappropriate times?

Sex is a time when we are being open and vulnerable - so what exactly is triggering the laughter? If he is laughing at you, think something looks funny etc 100% not okay.

I laugh when I hurt, bump my head? I laugh. And when there has been a clumsy moment in sex... I'll laugh. One time he accidentally poked my bottom in a way that *HURT* and I had an uncontrollable laughing fit as a result. There he was mortified about hurting me, and I was laughing my ass off (pun intended).

• Like 2

Maybe you are hitting his ticklish spot and he can't help but laugh.

Something about this is starting to feel erotic.

• Like 1

I suspect he knows why, he is just not telling you to be kind. I suppose its also possible he feels dominated by your position or O ? Its a nervous laughter ?

In any case its up to him - many a guy has been able to put "blocks" in their mind to stop from cumming to soon (close their eyes, think baseball statistics, work, taxes) ...also we can think of things when we need to cum quicker ....so he can change his responses during sex to control this this laughter (I can think of several things which would stop me from laughing right now).

I do like the nipple pinching. Perhaps more subtle (like just touching to start) and ramping up as you get close to orgasm. This will change is nervous system response.

If you say he is a wonderful husband - give him some more opportunities. However you need to O !

Edited by dichotomy

if he is still laughing, he is not learning very quickly.

maybe you will get the last laugh.

I am sure he would not like it if you laughed "because he was too small".

(not saying he is, but no man likes to hear that he is too small)

at least, I would not.

• Like 1

See this is one reason that I am terrified to have sex again. What if he hates it. What if he doesn't orgasm. But what if he LAUGHS. omg. I would just die. How can you even bring yourself to do it again. How stupid he is. I'm so sorry that you have experienced this. It's awful. Why would he laugh? I remember one time my boyfriend at the time laughed after he orgasmed. But I knew why already. Because by that time, we were in friend zone mode and it felt like we were having sex with a family member. It did! It felt almost stupid to be having sex with him and trying to be 'hot'. Ugh. God. We broke up shortly after.

• Like 1
RecentChange
I remember one time my boyfriend at the time laughed after he orgasmed. But I knew why already. Because by that time, we were in friend zone mode.

I knew a guy who would have giggle fits after a great orgasm. People can have funny reactions (like how I laugh when in pain). It's not ALWAYS under their control, nor is it a laughing at you thing necessarily.

But that bf did give me a heads up about his peculiar reaction.

I think the OP's husband has some 'spanin to do.

• Like 4

It is that particular position that makes him laugh and it must be because he's ticklish there. I don't think it is you he is laughing at. Don't do it in that position again; with him.

• Like 1

You say that he's laughing AT you. Are you sure of this? Or could it be that his laughter is an involuntary reaction?

I note that he's your husband. Has he always done this? If so, how did it get to the point that you married him without this being addressed?

staggerlee71

So, In my last relationship, I would laugh uncontrollably after orgasm. She took it the wrong way but learned that it was about me and not her. never happened before

I'm not sure why this happened to me with this women. I loved her, found her incredibly attractive etc. but yet I would have to bury my head in the pillow or I could laugh loud and wake the neighborhood up.

I havn't put much thought in it but if I had to speculate, it had something to do with vulnerability.

Anyway, it only happens with this one position so something is being triggered and his reaction is to giggle. If he knows, it may be hard for him to tell you why. BUT, he might not even really know why it happens.

I'm sure its not about your body or attractiveness. its something in his head. The one on his shoulders.

• Like 2

God, what a selfish putz. Seriously, I'd never have sex with him again if he did this more than once and especially if he didn't finish me after it happened. Or I'd tape his gob shut.

• Like 1

Yes but why? Why does he laugh when you are in that position? Does that position tickle him in some way? Does he find the sight of you bouncing on him funny? He knows why he laughs but he's not telling you.

I'd be more worried if he started crying :)

Seriously, I laugh all the time during sex. I'm 50, have experience, but I'm no Don Juan and I fumble about and get myself and my partner into awkward positions and situations all the time - I'll often laugh - sex isn't that serious, its fun.

Laughing at me wouldn't stop me cumming if I was on the verge :) Not much would ... crying or anger would ... but laughing? Nope.

• Like 1