LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

Snooped phone and found things from past


Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

Like Tree91Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th June 2017, 12:17 PM   #46
Member
 
LoverofWrestling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Inside my own head
Posts: 34
Why were you snooping in the first place? If I was in your fiancee's shoes and you admitted to me that you'd snooped, we'd be over.

Two wrong don't make a right, yes she did some pretty awful stuff but so did you.
LoverofWrestling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2017, 12:32 PM   #47
Established Member
 
Superchicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Farm in Australia
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoverofWrestling View Post
Why were you snooping in the first place? If I was in your fiancee's shoes and you admitted to me that you'd snooped, we'd be over.

Two wrong don't make a right, yes she did some pretty awful stuff but so did you.
Using your analogy, there would be more deaths in this world if we didn't snoop !.
Get serious, and get sensible.
When one thinks the partner is doing something shifty, then, the need for closure MUST be fulfilled.


Yeah, two wrongs don't make a right. But, one action, has an opposite reaction.
So, they both cancel out !.
He has a right to do what he thinks he needs to resolve his situation.
He didn't have to screw someone to do it, and certainly didn't have to do anything immoral, yet she did.
Case Closed .


Ted.
__________________
Never fear, Superchicken is here.
Superchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2017, 12:52 PM   #48
Member
 
LoverofWrestling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Inside my own head
Posts: 34
Sorry but snooping is never a good thing IMO. I would consider it very disrespectful if either my husband or I snooped and I strongly believe it would end our marriage. It would make it clear to me that he didn't trust me at all if he snooped and I'm sure the same would apply if I was the one who snooped.
LoverofWrestling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2017, 4:56 PM   #49
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchicken View Post
Using your analogy, there would be more deaths in this world if we didn't snoop !.
Get serious, and get sensible.
When one thinks the partner is doing something shifty, then, the need for closure MUST be fulfilled.


Yeah, two wrongs don't make a right. But, one action, has an opposite reaction.
So, they both cancel out !.
He has a right to do what he thinks he needs to resolve his situation.
He didn't have to screw someone to do it, and certainly didn't have to do anything immoral, yet she did.
Case Closed .


Ted.
Also, 2 wrongs of VERY different severity. Snooping might be a -1 "martial points" if the other spouse really isn't doing anything wrong. Sleeping with someone else, -100. So yeah, it's not right, and you shouldn't feel like you should do it. But if your suspicious, snoop. If you're wrong, apologize. If your right, then start figuring out the next right action.

I never snooped on my W's e-mails/phone, even when our marriage was hitting the rocks. Let me tell you something, I regret NOT doing it EVERYDAY now. I absolutely could have stopped it before it became a PA, and we would have had a EA to deal with that I'd probably be over by now and on the way to healing. One of my biggest regrets, honestly, is not looking earlier. It was right there, all the answers; here's why your marriage is falling apart. And I never looked. I doubt I'll ever forgive myself for it, we both now carry scars that were totally avoidable if I'D JUST F**KING LOOKED.
Overtaxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2017, 9:37 PM   #50
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoverofWrestling View Post
Why were you snooping in the first place? If I was in your fiancee's shoes and you admitted to me that you'd snooped, we'd be over.

Two wrong don't make a right, yes she did some pretty awful stuff but so did you.
This was explained fully in an earlier post if you look back and read through. Thanks.

And no, I don't believe either of us did anything remotely awful at all. But that said, I do think we did things worth clearing up.
BMI03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2017, 8:28 AM   #51
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoverofWrestling View Post
Why were you snooping in the first place? If I was in your fiancee's shoes and you admitted to me that you'd snooped, we'd be over.

Two wrong don't make a right, yes she did some pretty awful stuff but so did you.
Those with nothing to hide, hide nothing.

The only thing a person has to be mad about is that they got caught
doing something bad.

Only a fool leaves evidence after a crime. This lying GF, had no problem
lying, she should have no problem being caught specially when she
never made an effort to get her cheating past discovered.

GF had no problem doing what she did so she has no right to complain
that people (OP) found out.
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2017, 8:34 AM   #52
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoverofWrestling View Post
Sorry but snooping is never a good thing IMO. I would consider it very disrespectful if either my husband or I snooped and I strongly believe it would end our marriage. It would make it clear to me that he didn't trust me at all if he snooped and I'm sure the same would apply if I was the one who snooped.
Snooping and finding out nothing only strengthens the trust. Gee how
could I be so paranoid?

However I have seen to many BH come on to forums where it took
pages of posts to get them to open their eyes because their WW was
cheating on them. Then snooping got them the truth.

Can't have it booth ways on snooping.

Stop a terrorist attack, it's good.

Testify in court and the guilty party sent to prison, good.
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2017, 8:44 AM   #53
Established Member
 
elaine567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 13,623
Most people unless chronically insecure, paranoid, controlling or "crazy", tend to only resort to snooping because something is not right, something doesn't add up, something has changed and they cannot explain it.
They snoop and it seems to me they often do find something, their gut was screaming at them, they listened and their gut was right.

So whilst I would never condone snooping on a regular basis, then this suspicion based snooping is often very justified and it can save a lot of heart ache further on down the line.
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2017, 10:41 AM   #54
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: The Midwest
Posts: 1,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoverofWrestling View Post
Sorry but snooping is never a good thing IMO. I would consider it very disrespectful if either my husband or I snooped and I strongly believe it would end our marriage. It would make it clear to me that he didn't trust me at all if he snooped and I'm sure the same would apply if I was the one who snooped.
I don't even understand the concept of snooping in a marriage. If two became one, well, then there is no such thing as snooping.
__________________
I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear. I will let it pass through me. Where the fear has gone, there shall be nothing. Only I will remain." - Litany Against Fear
MJJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 10:29 AM   #55
Established Member
 
Superchicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Farm in Australia
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJean View Post
I don't even understand the concept of snooping in a marriage. If two became one, well, then there is no such thing as snooping.
Me too. I feel the same.
What is there to understand ?.
What is the big deal in looking in a freaking phone ?.
I don't give two sheeeets if my wife looks in my phone, pockets or underwear (Even while wearing them, although preferred .). If it makes her feel better, then freakin great !.
Why should I get pissed at her for it ?. I mean, I must have done something to trigger her.
Surely not because its "Snoop on your spouse Tuesday" or something.


Transparency is one of the most important things in a relationship.


Baaa, privacy my ass !.






Ted.
Superchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 12:09 PM   #56
Established Member
 
Mrs. John Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: midwest
Posts: 5,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchicken View Post
Me too. I feel the same.
What is there to understand ?.
What is the big deal in looking in a freaking phone ?.
I don't give two sheeeets if my wife looks in my phone, pockets or underwear (Even while wearing them, although preferred .). If it makes her feel better, then freakin great !.
Why should I get pissed at her for it ?. I mean, I must have done something to trigger her.
Surely not because its "Snoop on your spouse Tuesday" or something.


Transparency is one of the most important things in a relationship.


Baaa, privacy my ass !.






Ted.
I agree 100%. There should be no secrets of any kind in a marriage. And if there are..it causes doubt... and if in a relationship we are doing our best to make each other feel safe there is no room for doubt.

Does this mean there is no privacy? Of course not... but if I am keeping a secret from my husband then chances are I am ashamed of it or afraid he will be angry if he finds out. In other words... I am probably doing something I should not be doing.

My husband and I share all accounts and passwords no matter what it is...
Does this mean we spy on each other? Nope... but it does mean we are always accountable. Does it mean we don't trust each other?nope..just the opposite... it means we do
Mrs. John Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2017, 8:56 AM   #57
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine567 View Post
Most people unless chronically insecure, paranoid, controlling or "crazy", tend to only resort to snooping because something is not right, something doesn't add up, something has changed and they cannot explain it.
They snoop and it seems to me they often do find something, their gut was screaming at them, they listened and their gut was right.

So whilst I would never condone snooping on a regular basis, then this suspicion based snooping is often very justified and it can save a lot of heart ache further on down the line.
Totally agree. I have never snooped a phone before, or even thought about it. TO be honest it only came to my mind because she shared a stories with me about snooping pas boyfriend's phones and laptops, and how she didn't want to do it again because it just caused issues where there may not have been none. That said, in this case I see enough to believe there are things worth discussing, but I don't see there being any gut feel to snoop as regular relationship maintenance...but following a trail with evidence is different.

I flew back Sunday and we have been together since. No word from her if she has finished reading the email. I suspect she has but doesn't want to get into the heavy conversation until we have time on our hands to really discuss it in the time it deserves. We have been quite busy so that time will come eventually I suppose. It nothing from her in the next two weeks I will ask outright.

Thanks all.
BMI03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 11:31 AM   #58
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 77
I thought I would send a follow up status on this one. The summer has ended and we have been enjoying ourselves over the last several months. The email continues to sit in her inbox, though despite asking her a couple of times in the month or two immediately following my sending it to see if she had looked at it all, she has answered that it was long and she had only gotten through the first half (the part about what I saw on her phone was in the second half). One day I asked if she had gotten through a more recent email I sent her about some deep thoughts and she told me yes, than donated the point that the only one she had not gone through fully yet was the other one referenced here in this thread.

So, either she has not had the time to sit down and go through it; or, she decided that she does not want to go through it for fear of what it could open up; or, she has gone through it and has decided she does not want to breach this topic yet and so has left it to the sidelines where she would prefer it remain, at least for the time being.

I am not sure which of those options it is. Curious to what people here think.

Itís not an important or urgent part of my life, so I am ok with not talking about it for now. But it does jump to my mind at least every now and then and so I do still feel that eventually it will need to be discussed to ensure clear air.

Iíll update whenever that may be. But we are enjoying life so not going to push it.
BMI03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 12:27 PM   #59
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI03 View Post

What I saw on her phone however: over the first two months after we met she continued to see one guy and slept with him drunk; continued to flirt, text a lot and connect once with another she had been more a FIB with; texted with at least several other guys, one in attempts to date; met at least two new guys, one of which she may have slept with; and by three months in had given her phone number to at least two or three more guys.

This all sounds horrible, however, for the first six months we were together and I divorcing, I can understand if she was scared of being taken advantage of, or putting too much into a relationship that in her mind may not pan out. So I chalked it up to her lack of security that I was actually finalizing things. Things have been fine the last couple of years since. I Put it behind me.

My my, she's quite the Scarlett O'Hara isn't she? Flirting, and carrying on with all those suitors...


Are you sure she isn't still doing so? Have you verified you are her one and only? I have a hard time believing that a girl who needs that many men orbiting around her is going to be happy settling on just one.


You better do some more sleuthing before you talk to her about anything, much less marry her.
Cephalopod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 2:25 PM   #60
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephalopod View Post
My my, she's quite the Scarlett O'Hara isn't she? Flirting, and carrying on with all those suitors...


Are you sure she isn't still doing so? Have you verified you are her one and only? I have a hard time believing that a girl who needs that many men orbiting around her is going to be happy settling on just one.


You better do some more sleuthing before you talk to her about anything, much less marry her.
As sure as one can be. My gut felt it before, and my gut was obviously right. My gut doesnít feel it now. I donít sense anything other than openness. Itís not done as a rule or anything, but there is no harm in using each otherís phones, iPads, etc. No hesitation to leave the phone on the bed with me while she is in the shower. No unaccounted for off-grid moments, etc. I feel secure now, mostly in that I believe my radar was easily set off previously. But admiringly, one can never fully 100% know. So in my mind, I am not in a bad place with her at all. Just some air to clear on the time period when this began that I think we both would eventually benifit from.
BMI03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Snooped through her cell phone Wildabeest Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy 52 23rd March 2010 5:31 PM
I Snooped in his phone and found out he's reminiscing and INTERESTED in his EX!!! Kay022 Dating 67 2nd January 2009 2:46 PM
The phone was there and I snooped helena Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy 5 28th March 2008 3:24 AM
Snooped through his phone--did I have the right? hopelesslyjealous Infidelity 2 21st March 2008 12:29 AM
I think she snooped my cell phone . . . maybintrouble2007 Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy 8 30th October 2007 5:46 PM

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 9:45 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2013 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.