Meddling Social media friend

My partner has this Facebook friend, female, who is ALWAYS on there. When he and I are enjoying time together, maybe watching a show together or sitting outside having a bottle of wine and talking, whatever, just having Us Time, she will be trying to have a FB conversation with him, and I feel he encourages her by responding. I've told him I find it offensive and it's starting to really get up my nose. I think he should ignore her and reply to her messages later when he's not with me, maybe even explain to her that she's being invasive and a nuisance sometimes. Any thoughts?

• Like 2
todreaminblue
My partner has this Facebook friend, female, who is ALWAYS on there. When he and I are enjoying time together, maybe watching a show together or sitting outside having a bottle of wine and talking, whatever, just having Us Time, she will be trying to have a FB conversation with him, and I feel he encourages her by responding. I've told him I find it offensive and it's starting to really get up my nose. I think he should ignore her and reply to her messages later when he's not with me, maybe even explain to her that she's being invasive and a nuisance sometimes. Any thoughts?

hey ms jayne for sure you should tell your husband that he needs to not reply when you two are together and havign special times.....and if you find the friendship invasive or threatening in any way .....it might be wise for him to discontinue the friendship with no uncertain terms....deb

• Like 1

When you are having couple time all devices should be off. It's one thing if there was a true emergency but you are absolutely right, he's encouraging her. It has to stop.

• Like 2
PegNosePete
I've told him I find it offensive and it's starting to really get up my nose.

And what was his response to this? He still does it?

He is continuing to do something which he KNOWS you find offensive?

What is a "facebook friend" anyway? Someone he has never met in real life? Why is he talking to a stranger whilst reglecting his partner?

Next time it happens, take a look at the messages. No need to be sneaky, just look at the screen or stand behind him or whatever. If he won't let you see, then you can bet there's something there that you wouldn't like.

• Like 5