Social Media and Relationships

racheltasha1

I hate to be one of these people posting about this topic, but as of 4 weeks ago my girlfriend of 2 years, her ex boyfriend (the one she dated before me) added her on snapchat. they talk at least once a week from what snapchat shows. She will post a story of her driving at night and he will say something like "go home" to her snapchat story. I looked and it turns out they are each other's "best friends" meaning she messages him the most and he messages her out of all their contacts on snapchat. A yellow heart symbol is placed beside his name from Snapchat for the whole time they have had each other. I'm super in uneasy about this. I talked to her about it and she told me I have to trust her. I asked why she feels the need to have him on snapchat and she told me because she doesn't want any "bad blood" between the 2 and it's okay for exes to be friends. Also I should mention I am a woman and my girlfriend now claims to be gay and completely un interested in guys and that he's just a "friend" and that she realizes she's completely gay after being with me and that she could never fall for her ex boyfriend or any man again. So she told me to relax about it. Should i mention a year ago he inboxed her a **** pic and she told me about it and confronted him and I confronted him and he treated us both badly. A year later he pops up and apologizes and they are on good terms. Am I going crazy or should I trust her ? Would it bother you as well? When I bring him up she doesn't want to talk about it and gets mad claiming I shouldn't ask her because I should trust her.

Edited by racheltasha1

No I wouldn't trust her either. You're absolutely right.

I'd recommend you break up with her first because that's what's coming. That or her cheating. Either way get out of dodge.

• Like 2
  • Author
racheltasha1

My girlfriend when I first met her always told me she was into guys and that I'm the only girl she would ever be with or be attracted to. She constantly said that she wasn't gay or into girls. She always had sexual relationships and serious relationships with guys until she met me. This made me insecure. After 4 months she came to me and told me she was in denial and always found girls attractive and now she's suddenly a full out lesbian who would never date guys. I find this hard to believe because how can you find one thing attractive your whole life then switch suddenly. She ended up leaving her super religious family for me and moved in with me after a year. We've been together for 2 years. She claims because she chose her family over me that this also makes her gay and says "if I wasn't gay why would I leave my whole family for a girl" the past month her ex boyfriend (the one she dated before me) added her in a social media site and they have been in steady contact since. Talking everyday. This makes me extremely uncomfortable. She keeps insisting that it's okay because it's an ex BOYFRIEND and she's gay and could never have an attraction to him and that she's gay. Every time I bring him up she gets mad and says I bring him up because I don't trust her and I'm insecure. This whole situation has my stomach in knots. What should I do. Is she really a lesbian. Should I trust her ?

somanymistakes

Not wanting to talk to you about it is the most worrying part.

Yes, exes can be friends and it doesn't always mean that she wants to get back with him. And that she TOLD you about the naughty picture was a good sign that she was on side with you.

However, this guy seems to be acting like he is still trying to get her back.

Trust, but verify! It might be okay for her to be chatting with the guy as long as you're in on the loop and know what they're talking about and reinforce the relationship. But if she's pulling away and getting secretive with this guy, that's troubling and she should be able to understand why it's upsetting.