Wife says she misses New Jersey

We were talking to an old friend some Jersey on the phone and were discussing how they are finally starting to build up and get back on track after Sandy and my wife said that sometimes she regrets us moving out here even though she knows for the most part it was the right decision. She was getting all nostalgic and wistful about things. I think she is having as much of a hard time relating to California folk as I do. Even though she grew up here the time she spent in Jersey certainly rubbed off on her.

• Like 1

It's always easier to remember the good times. Like high school. Logically we know it sucked. Looking back on it as adults we normally remember the parts we liked.

• Like 2

So come home for a visit. Have some great food. Get a pork roll egg & cheese sandwich. Eat in a diner. Go down the shore. Walk on the boardwalk (the Santa Monica pier can't compare) & watch the sun rise over the water. She'll feel better then you can go back to So Cal.

• Like 2
amaysngrace
So come home for a visit. Have some great food. Get a pork roll egg & cheese sandwich. Eat in a diner. Go down the shore. Walk on the boardwalk (the Santa Monica pier can't compare) & watch the sun rise over the water. She'll feel better then you can go back to So Cal.

Wha???? Home????

I never knew that! :)

• Author
Something about the Jersey shore.

I fully agree. I love California and Venice Beach but Jersey Shore folks are just real. They tell you exactly how they feel and there is no pretense. I think if her parents weren't here she would move back in a heartbeat. We are still renting and my old boss in Jersey would hire me back in a second so it might be something to think about. I know this sounds messed up but now that all the old demons from NJ are gone maybe I can have some peace there.

• Like 1
whichwayisup
I fully agree. I love California and Venice Beach but Jersey Shore folks are just real. They tell you exactly how they feel and there is no pretense. I think if her parents weren't here she would move back in a heartbeat. We are still renting and my old boss in Jersey would hire me back in a second so it might be something to think about. I know this sounds messed up but now that all the old demons from NJ are gone maybe I can have some peace there.

As long as you stay away from your so called friends who were trying to make problems in your marriage and split you two up. Moving back is always an option when the timing is right.

• Author
As long as you stay away from your so called friends who were trying to make problems in your marriage and split you two up. Moving back is always an option when the timing is right.

I have nothing to do with them anymore. I have moved on so far from those days and I know not to go back to the darkness for lack of a better word.

• 2 weeks later...