LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

Relationship issue [I canít see myself marrying her the way things currently are]

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

Like Tree430Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th September 2017, 7:24 PM   #286
Established Member

Solicitor is UK speak for lawyer.

I am truly sorry for your loss. My mother passed 21 years ago this June. It's a wound that never truly heals, but you learn to accept and take comfort in memories. I wish you peace and healing. May your father rest in God's peace.

Last edited by MJJean; 16th September 2017 at 7:27 PM..
MJJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2017, 3:17 PM   #287
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyDraper View Post
My opinion is that it is too early for the attorney to meet your family. You just started dating so it's great that you didn't ask her to the funeral. Be careful that you aren't getting too caught up in this lady's profession and looks when assessing her as a potential partner.
OP's new GF being an attorney could also turn out to be a negative in case she proves to be as messed up as his ex. A crazy woman who happens to be a qualified legal professional sounds dangerous. A non-attorney crazy person could also use the law as a weapon but that would take some deep pockets.

Quote:
Thank your ex for the support. There's no reason to go out with her as friends for at least a year. She is clearly still trying to get back with you. When a relationships end, trying to get close to an ex's extended family is weird and unnecessary.
True.

Last edited by AMarriedMan; 17th September 2017 at 3:20 PM..
AMarriedMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2017, 10:59 AM   #288
Established Member

Hello LS.

Been a little while since my last visit here. Been going through a rough last few months. I was seeing the attorney for about the 1st month since my Dad passed, even shortly before he passed.

It was beginning to feel like things were moving too fast. She was always around and wanting to do things and there were just times I just wanted to be alone and grieve. I was not ready to let her see me letting out tears and being depressed.

I told her about 2-3 weeks ago that I needed a little time to process things and get used to this new normal. I told her that i didn't expect her to wait around but told her i would be staying in contact. I just pretty much told her that i wasnt feeling like i could give her the best of me right now. She was pretty understanding although I kind of feel like I may have been a missed that opportunity because it was bad timing.
djoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2017, 1:13 PM   #289

Soo many others to find happiness with. Be absolutely sure you are in a good place to have another in YOUR life to share it with. When you are ready, you will see that there are plenty of good ones out there that enjoy good guys and exactly what you are looking for. Best of luck.
BarbedFenceRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2017, 3:49 PM   #290
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoner View Post
Hello LS.

Been a little while since my last visit here. Been going through a rough last few months. I was seeing the attorney for about the 1st month since my Dad passed, even shortly before he passed.

It was beginning to feel like things were moving too fast. She was always around and wanting to do things and there were just times I just wanted to be alone and grieve. I was not ready to let her see me letting out tears and being depressed.

I told her about 2-3 weeks ago that I needed a little time to process things and get used to this new normal. I told her that i didn't expect her to wait around but told her i would be staying in contact. I just pretty much told her that i wasnt feeling like i could give her the best of me right now. She was pretty understanding although I kind of feel like I may have been a missed that opportunity because it was bad timing.
I'm glad that you were honest with the woman you were dating.
At least you didn't string her along. That takes maturity and character.
If you're meant to be with a woman nothing will be able to keep you apart.
I've seen couples break up for years only to end up engaged.
BettyDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2017, 11:26 AM   #291
Established Member

Thanks for the replies...

I just feel so confused and like I'm going crazy. I keep having flashbacks of my Dad. He was a real fun loving guy. He had his flaws but meant the world to me.

I met up recently with the ex to give her back her passport that accidently fell in my luggage during the trip this summer. Hadnt seen or spoke with her since my Dads funeral in August. She lost her Dad last year so she was pretty sympathetic.

Right now, I still can't believe it's already November and I was just talking and laughing with my Dad in August 3 days before he passed. Now it seems like I'm having trouble moving forward.
djoner is offline   Reply With Quote