What is the worst wedding you have been to?

I didn't experience this but my bff went to a wedding where they didn't have a "real" dinner but yet payed to have a plane take pictures from above. How can one have a 6pm wedding & not really feed their guests that brought them gifts...is just beyond me!

• Like 2

I went to a wedding recently. Had to drive 14 hours to get there (no airports in between). Car broke down in Quebec and my French is not great. The locals decided they couldn't speak any English, yet spoke perfect English as they walked away. So it was a ****ty start.

Go to the (ski) resort, my hotel was at the very end of the resort. There were dogs barking all night and day (even though it's a pet-free facility) and the view outside my room was a pile of garbage. The hiking paths were all blocked off so I couldn't go outside or take my kid out to play. Everyone was supposed to book in the same resort building, turns out they didn't and we were stranded there alone. To get to where everyone else was staying we had to shuttle (and they were never on time).

When the actual ceremony rolled around it was very short 10 minutes MAX. The groom had NO vows. Literally his wife had long ones, started crying. He said "I just really love you". Not even the generic set, just "I love you". Embarrassing to watch.

The whole time we were there we didn't see anyone else invited, even though there was 45 people I knew. There was no cell service so we couldn't find anyone, the receptionists were stupid as hell.

All in all, it was a ****ty wedding and a huge regret going all that way.

---------------------------

The next one was my cousin getting married. No one liked the guy she was marrying. During the reception he got wasted and started throwing beer bottles from the balcony into the crowd. It was like an indoor Juliette Balcony. I was quite young, 7 or so, but it still stands out to me. They later divorced, 10 years later or so.

--------------------------

Last year I went to a wedding in the Dominican. Everyone was staying for a week. Everyone got the runs and were trapped in our rooms, wedding ceremony was cancelled. 2 grand down the drain there, much more for the bride and groom.

---------------------------

And finally, my brother. His wife wanted doves or pigeons or something at their wedding. They were released when they walked out as a married couple. As they were released a hawk or eagle grabbed one of the birds...

My friend's wedding.....her brother in law (dunk a hole) verbally attacked my husband. The brother in law's ex wife (my other GF) and my GF's brother stepped in to break it up.....all this because my husband didn't dance with me (he doesn't dance anyways I don't care) and told him he was going to lose me for his neglect. It was so bizarre because me and my husband never met him until that night.

It was awful. I never told my GF why we were leaving right then to get the hell out of there. I didn't want to ruin her wedding day :(

• Like 1
Any terrible ones you can remember being to.

i went to a wedding where the groom passed out on the altar adding another 30 minutes to a boring ceremony. it got worse from there, they had a ca$h bar and the buffet was lousy. also, there were few good-looking single women there. the whole day was a mess.