Valentine's Day plans?

What are you up to for Valentine's Day?

I am going to make a special meal for my husband and I. We bought some steaks from a farm which sells excellent meat. I also have a bottle of Cabernet Franc which I bought during our last jaunt to Ontario wine country.

My husband wanted socks and underwear for his birthday which is on Valentine's Day. :laugh: I think that's a boring present but I obliged my husband's wishes. I splurged on some designer underwear and socks for him.

I think those in relationship should try to add a little romance to every day. Valentine's Day is just a special time to celebrate love.

• Like 6

I'll probably take my wife out Saturday evening. Neither of us is into cards and the such. We might rent a movie for later that evening.

• Like 2
Mrs. John Adams

Friday...We have reservations for a room at the Hilton downtown on the riverfront...and are attending a dinner/ dance with a great view of the city. On Saturday we will go to see the movie "the Choice". Then On Sunday...we are babysitting our grandchildren so our daughter and her husband can go out to the theater and to dinner.

• Like 5

We have Broadway show tickets for Saturday night & reservations for an early dinner at a lovely French Restaurant in the theater district.

Unfortunately, NYC is expected to get hit with an arctic blast with temps below 0. I think we're gonna freeze!

• Like 2

Murder mystery at the university, and hubby is making me a special dinner! Ha, we'll see how THAT goes. :lmao:

• Like 3
  • Author
Murder mystery at the university, and hubby is making me a special dinner! Ha, we'll see how THAT goes. :lmao:

Is he a bad cook? :laugh:

• Author
Friday...We have reservations for a room at the Hilton downtown on the riverfront...and are attending a dinner/ dance with a great view of the city. On Saturday we will go to see the movie "the Choice". Then On Sunday...we are babysitting our grandchildren so our daughter and her husband can go out to the theater and to dinner.

Sounds great! It's such a blessing to have grandparents nearby to provide babysitting.

Glad you're getting a hotel room with your husband! That sounds romantic.

Mrs. John Adams

Betty...we live about 75 minutes away from our daughter....and we try to babysit every 6 weeks or so ...so that they can go out just the two of them.

Its a win win....we get to see the kids and they get away time!

John is pretty incredible....he plans little getaways frequently. We can have a lovely dinner and enjoy our wine without worrying about the long drive home.

• Like 2

I don't have any plans yet, but I'm looking for some new red lingerie. ;)

We will probably just have a quiet dinner with candlelight.

I did make a homemade card and wrote it in French. Ooh-la-la!

I like the thought of something made vs purchased.

• Like 2

I will be fulfilling a fantasy my husband has had for 40 years (we've only been married a year and a half but he was a widower who'd been married 25 years when I met him). Up til now, his fantasy has always gone unfulfilled.

Til Saturday night.

And yes, I'm the best wife ever. :laugh:

• Like 6
Is he a bad cook? :laugh:

He's learning, and what he does he is quite good. But he is one of those cooks that goes in and uses every dish, pot, pan, utensil in the kitchen. And he most definitely does not know how to clean while he goes along.

Plus he said the meal is going to be unique, not something we usually eat. He is a brilliant guy, but this is going to be some serious thinking outside of the box for him.

So we'll see... :p

• Like 1

We are going away for Friday night. The timing is only coincidental with Valentines - it just happens to work with our schedule.

Nice room with a balcony overlooking a surf beach. And a great bar and restaurant downstairs. We are going to surf till we drop!

Edited by basil67
punctuation is my friend
  • Like 1
  • Author
He's learning, and what he does he is quite good. But he is one of those cooks that goes in and uses every dish, pot, pan, utensil in the kitchen. And he most definitely does not know how to clean while he goes along.

Plus he said the meal is going to be unique, not something we usually eat. He is a brilliant guy, but this is going to be some serious thinking outside of the box for him.

So we'll see... :p

I never clean as I go because my husband will wash the dishes after I cook.

He knows I hate to wash dishes and not everything can go in the dishwasher.

It's my reward for slaving over a hot stove to give my husband great meal.

Let me know how the meal comes out!

• Author
We are going away for Friday night. The timing is only coincidental with Valentines - it just happens to work with our schedule.

Nice room with a balcony overlooking a surf beach. And a great bar and restaurant downstairs. We are going to surf till we drop!

This sounds amazing!

MuddyFootprints

The VQA Cabernet Franc is stocked. We'll go into the city to do some more exquisite grocery shopping, cook at home, and crawl into bed in time to watch the season finale of The Curse of Oak Island.

Romance at its finest. :love:

• Like 3
  • Author
The VQA Cabernet Franc is stocked. We'll go into the city to do some more exquisite grocery shopping, cook at home, and crawl into bed in time to watch the season finale of The Curse of Oak Island.

Romance at its finest. :love:

Are you in Ontario too? ;)

Edited by BettyDraper
  • Like 1
Mrs. John Adams

We always have done something....sometimes more simple....sometimes more extravagant...but we always acknowledge the day

• Like 1

Not currently in a relationship, but in a former one we had an agreement where we'd make each other something that related to or had some prior significance. Did not have to be handcrafted per se, and we would buy parts or materials. I'm the type of person that if I needed a new wallet, I'd rather she make one from duct tape than buy me a really nice piece of clothing or jewelry.

But most importantly, we agreed to have fun with it. And we did. The gift IS the memories. They last forever.

• Like 2
Johnsmith1003

Taking the wife to the west coast and renting an ocean view room. Drinking will be had. Should be fun to deviate from boring normalcy (boralcy?). Bike trail next to the beach. She'll swoon.

• Like 1

We always exchange cards..but we keep gifts and such for our wedding anniversary...that's our special day.

As it's a Sunday this year..family day..we'll be going out for a meal with the kids (teens and tweens) ....We see it as celebrating the fruit of our love.

Edited by sandylee1
eta
  • Like 1
Does everyone here always do special things for Valentine's Day?

We have always tried to acknowledge the day. On our only engaged Valentine's day I got stuck working late so dinner became a quick kiss, the exchange of the cards & I was asleep within 1/2 hour of getting home because I was coming from working a 15 hour day.

We rarely do anything special on the 14th because the restaurants are too crowded for it to be romantic. I prefer the day before or after.

But I do expect there will always be a card & chocolate. Anything else is a bonus but unnecessary.

• Like 1
Does everyone here always do special things for Valentine's Day?

We always have a special dinner on Valentine's Day, usually at a restaurant that is out of our cost range for eating at on a regular basis. We stopped exchanging gifts, though, just having a night out is enough for us.

We also have Sweetest Day where I live, and I usually try to tell him "happy Sweetest Day". LOL.

• Like 2