Would you take your spouse to a nudist resort?

Maybe there are some that have already. Maybe some of you are exhibitionists. But would you do it if neither of you had done it before and wanted to experiment? If you had kids would you go to a family nudist resort? (they exist).

Or is being naked in front of a bunch of strangers not your thing instead of empowering?

My ex-H and I regularly attended a naturist camp.

We took our kids too.

Offspring between the ages of 13 - 17 were rare.

I think it was mainly to do with puberty/adolescence and self-consciousness. in any case, no naturist would force a child going through puberty to do anything they would feel uncomfortable doing.

That goes against the whole naturist ethos.

The club was open to couples/married people only.

Singles were discouraged.

It was great fun, and not in the slightest bit sexual in any way.

• Like 2

See also this thread.....

OMG...

I jut realised the thread is 2 years old - and YOU were the OP then too...

What on earth is it with you....? :confused:

• Like 5
  • Author
See also this thread.....

OMG...

I jut realised the thread is 2 years old - and YOU were the OP then too...

What on earth is it with you....? :confused:

I've always been intrigued with them (nudist resorts). Oh, I don't think I'll ever go. It really isn't something I think I'd be brave enough to do.

I do think the family nudist camp ideas are weird though. Couples is one thing, but kids? Just strange that under any other circumstance you'd probably be arrested being naked around naked minors.

I've always been intrigued with them (nudist resorts). Oh, I don't think I'll ever go. It really isn't something I think I'd be brave enough to do.

I do think the family nudist camp ideas are weird though. Couples is one thing, but kids? Just strange that under any other circumstance you'd probably be arrested being naked around naked minors.

This is why most reputable naturist clubs will only admit married couples.

And there is often a vetting procedure, such as a legal search.

Single men (and occasionally, women) aren't invited or encouraged to join.

There was one club in the UK which had a dubious reputation, as they admitted anyone who wanted to join, regardless of social status.

However, most people steered clear.

I realise it seems a bit of a paradox, but those who are completely comfortable with their nakedness, and uninhibited physically by being in an environment with like-minded unclothed people - are actually LESS likely to have sexual issues or dubious tendencies and intentions....

The very fact that they are open and are able to 'embrace' such a lifestyle as normal and conventional, actually speaks in their favour.

And even if everyone is naked and equal, trust me: the first sign of anyone not 'fitting in' is pretty much stamped on, very quickly.

There IS a hierarchy. There are responsible adults in charge, committees, and 'watchmen'.....

• Like 2
Stage5Clinger

I don't have a spouse.. but I would never do this. I don't want any men looking at my woman.

• Like 1

And that's precisely the kind of immature attitude that is discouraged.

If you honestly believe that naturist clubs are full of men ogling at women, it just goes to show how little you know.

• Like 1
Stage5Clinger
And that's precisely the kind of immature attitude that is discouraged.

If you honestly believe that naturist clubs are full of men ogling at women, it just goes to show how little you know.

If I went to a nudist resort / naturist club I would be sporting wood and checking out every single woman there.

If I went to a nudist resort / naturist club I would be sporting wood and checking out every single woman there.

Well you would be dreadfully disappointed, and your little woody friend would very quickly disappear.

First of all, you would be asked to leave.

Fact.

Secondly, the profiles of most women in naturist clubs are... well, very varied, let's put it that way.

Contrary to fantasies, naturist clubs are never full of body beautiful people. In fact, you'd be hard-pressed to find anything arousing about it at all.

• Like 2

I've never done it, but I guess I would, if the resort looked like a good one. It might be kind of interesting, to confront those social mores as an adult. I would bring my 6 yr old, he would find it funny at first but ultimately no big deal, I think--he knows that bodies are just bodies, they come in all shapes and colors and sizes, and while he dresses to go out the front door he has a long history of running around the house and the backyard in the nude, and isn't scandalized by seeing his parents in the shower, or whatever. I'd never bring the 16 year old, however, as she'd be mortified and deeply uncomfortable. Teenagers. My dad was a biologist, I wasn't raised to be particularly fussed about nudity or body functions, and we traveled a lot when I was young and I've been to nude beaches and communal baths and the like, in places where that's just part of the culture. It's not sexual at all, it's just life, so I wouldn't be particularly concerned about my husband's delicate sensibilities.

Well you would be dreadfully disappointed, and your little woody friend would very quickly disappear.

Fact.

Secondly, the profiles of most women in naturist clubs are... well, very varied, let's put it that way.

Contrary to fantasies, naturist clubs are never full of body beautiful people. In fact, you'd be hard-pressed to find anything arousing about it at all.

You'd be asked to leave for getting an erection?! Really??

Stage5Clinger

Fact.

As a male, I assure you I would be checking out even the strange looking women. It's in our nature.

Trust me - and Tara - when/if you see a lot of people just wandering around naked BEING NORMAL, you won't get an erection.

It is not an especially arousing experience. It is a natural experience that comes with it a sensation of relaxation and acceptance.

I've been to four or five - including the now-destroyed Harbin - and I never saw a raging boner. Slightly enlarged, yes, but those guys tend to excuse themselves fairly quickly.

• Like 2
Trust me - and Tara - when/if you see a lot of people just wandering around naked BEING NORMAL, you won't get an erection.

It is not an especially arousing experience. It is a natural experience that comes with it a sensation of relaxation and acceptance.

I've been to four or five - including the now-destroyed Harbin - and I never saw a raging boner. Slightly enlarged, yes, but those guys tend to excuse themselves fairly quickly.

I will say that the one time I went to a nude beach I did get an erection. Super embarrassing. Had to go in the water to get rid of it then lie on my belly for a while

Okay, confession time I guess....

We have been to nudist parties and to nude beaches and resorts. Just a couple of notes on this:

First: I realize it is hard to believe but the clubs / resorts / beaches we have been to, it is not and I repeat sex is not the focal point. Being nude is liberating, freeing and the great equalizer. Everyone there is equal from the rich to the not so rich. Just there to enjoy the absence of clothes. It is actually very relaxing. No wet swimsuit to chafe or cling etc.

Second: For the most part, the people at these clubs / resorts / beaches are not Barbie's and Ken's. It is a true mix of regular people in the truest sense. Some are physically attractive and fit and some are emotionally attractive. All walks of life, millionaires, lawyers, doctors and we even had a pastor all accompanied by their spouses.

It isn't for everyone so don't think I am trying to sell it, I am only trying to give an accurate description. I have never seen any sign of arousal and actually the ladies are more the issue regarding being aggressively forward over the men.

Just some things to ponder.

• Like 2
T-16bullseyeWompRat

I couldnt see myself doing this. I highly doubt i would get a boner either. Speaking of strip clubs on the other thread, ive never gotten a boner there either. If there is no chance of sex, he just doesnt get up. Actually i can stare are naked women and feel nothing. Kissing though.... Boyoyoyoyoing. Even a granny peck and i feel a little twitch down there haha.

• Author
As a male, I assure you I would be checking out even the strange looking women. It's in our nature.

I get that feeling too. Or at least as a guy I'd probably "remember" it later. No harm in that at least.

I try to liken it to being in the Dominican. When we went a few years ago there would be topless women on the beach and at the pool. Lots of Europeans for whatever reason were at that resort, so you get the picture. Anyway, I'll admit by the end of the week I was more "used" to it by then, but the truth is even at those resorts it was hard pressed to find a bombshell of a woman topless. It was all very..............well, whatever, just some women you probably wouldn't have asked in the first place. So maybe that's a bit like a nudist resort.

If it's obvious, and you're doing nothing to hide it, then you're there for the wrong reason and yes - you'd be asked to leave.

That is just not the idea of a naturist club.

IN the same way that if you were at a public swimming bath with an obvious erection, something would in all probability be done...

You're not like any other male I know....

I will say that the one time I went to a nude beach I did get an erection. Super embarrassing. Had to go in the water to get rid of it then lie on my belly for a while

It was probably just the idea of all these naked women... and guys...no clothes.... jeeesh.... this is all so.... and the weather's so warm... and the breeze is perfect and...oh shoot.....

It's kind of like the involuntary erection little boys get, without there being any logical, stimulating reason for it.

• Like 2
Maybe I'm just perverted...

It's beginning to look that way.

• Like 2

If you've ever been to a sauna in Europe, you'd know that mixed-gender nudity is not regarded as a freak-show in many places, and that many people are comfortable in their bodies.

Naturist camps, naturist beaches and naturist resorts are a lot more comfortable than, say, the women's changing room in the average UK gym where kids (of all genders) accompany their mothers / female parents and _stare_ at the women changing (perhaps it's the same in the men's changing rooms, IDK). Those are obviously kids who've never seen anyone undressed (or undressing) and make a big deal of it, making everyone thoroughly uncomfortable.

Kids in naturist camps are fare better behaved, because they've grown up accustomed to bodies as something natural, not something shameful to be hidden.

• Like 4

Never done it, but would and probably will in the future, nudism at leat as despicted here is nothing sexual and I think it is pretty healthy, people that feel confortable enough to be naked with other people are probably confortable in their own skin and I would guess less likely to have problems with low self esteem.

I also think it's good for kids, bodies are just bodies, there is nothing weird or strange with a naked man or woman, nothing sexual about it per se, and letting the kids realise that there is a wide range of bodies out there and that people don't have to be ashamed because they are not perfect would probably do them a lot better then raising them feeling that a naked body is a shamefull sinful thing, that should be hided alway.

• Like 3

I will also add that some of the most accepting and friendliest people are those we have met within our nudest club. They are regular people that you don't know whether they are successful or not, just interested in, typically, good food, swimming (either pool or ocean) and good normal conversation from politics to the latest concerts.