Husbands searching people they dated in internet, why?

I love being married to my husband. I love him so much. I just want to know , why?.... I went out with this person for five days. I used to liké him very much. Now he got married to about 5 ir 6 years from now. I am happily married and have a baby girl, years later he adds me to his Facebook account. I accepted but do not intend to have a word with him at all. I just think its kind ofugly for married men to search women in Facebook or search to say hi through Mail chat with women they dated in the past or has sex with. I dont get it. It has happened to me and i havent responded just because I personal y think it is weird.

Don't respond! That's great!

Some people go through a crisis & start going back through their lives (There's a whole John Cusack movie on this! Can't remember what it's called?) thinking about past lovers. It's his marriage. If I were his wife I'd be REALLY upset. He has his reasons. I wouldn't want any part of that crazy...

• Like 1

I think many guys fantasize this way, they think "what if I had...."

But just so long as they are not emailing these long lost flames and saying **** like "I wish I had married you instead...", I would not worry about it at all. Just amp up the sex life and see if he does not get a newfound lust for your body instead.

Why accept someone as a Facebook friend when you barely share a past as ex-dating partners, are married to others, and there is nothing for your mutual future together?

• Like 3
  • Author

That person i am tal king about no thing happened. Ww just went out for 5 days. I used to like him but he didnt want To go out with me at the moment. He said i was too serious. I accepted because i just didnt think about it. I am not interested i just pressed yes without think much about it. I just though y it was weird and kind of ugly for their wives.

If my husband was searching around for long lost ex's to 'friend' I'd be devastated. Very "ugly".

EA are too easy to fall into. Very dangerous game!

• Like 3

Some men like to keep tabs on their conquests especially sexual ones. He may even get off on it. Some men actually think they can get the exgirlfriends back for a night or two of fun sex. He probably views you like that and you should unfriend him on Facebook ASAP.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Language~T
  • Like 1

Itmwouldnt worry about it too much unless there is lots of bad feelings note M.

Ivemdonemit iut of curiosity to see were they ended up. Never contacted any of them because what would I have to say to them? Lie and stroke,them by saying losing you was the biggest mistake of my life? I was never that romantic when I was dating them.

Maybe a different concern if he's sending emails or texts or phoning them. Check for your own piece of mind. I'm lucky. I know my wife isn't doing this to me with her boyfriend she had before me. I his obituary!

TrustedthenBusted

I'm friends with an old long term girlfriend on Facebook. And in real life. She's a great person. She just had a baby. I'm very happy for her.

There was a time when we were very much in love. I don't see why I should avoid her like the plague now. I've known her since we were kids.

I dont subscribe to the notion that when you meet someone special, you have to drop all ( or any ) of the other special people in your life.

Sometimes it's just about seeing what the person is up to in their lives, just curiosity. I ignored one of my Exes who made a friend request , but we have mutual friends, so I guess he could see some of my stuff.

Sometimes it's done after you've been cheated on...and you see what might have been.

I know many cheating spouses have become worried, when their BH/BW looks up their Ex.

There isn't always evil intent behind every single friend request on Facebook. I've befriended old boyfriends from the past and there is no hidden agenda or secrecy surrounding that, whatsoever.

You two may have mutual friends and it's quite possible Facebook simply 'suggested' you as a possible friend to him because you two share mutual friends. Also, some people are just what I call 'head collectors' on FB. Sometimes they just want to have as many friends as possible to feel good about themselves.

There's no need to be paranoid about it unless the guy oversteps his boundaries. Sounds like he hasn't.

Why? Curiosity, the same reason there are reunions with people you never had an intimate or just a close friends relationship with. Might his fantasies be stronger with an ex because of actual experienced memories than with a culturally known sex symbol, maybe, but so what

I've seen my exes on Facebook, but I'll never add them, and even turned down a request from one of them to add as a friend. Sorry, I haven't forgotten the drama, but sure, we're human and we can be curious as to what they are doing. One of them is still single, never married and getting to the point where her biological clock is ticking. I remember thinking this girl would never marry (she wanted to very badly back then) so in a way it makes you think that you probably weren't crazy for breaking up with her in the first place.

However, I don't bother with any friendships from an ex. I mean, see them in the grocery store and say hello, and be friendly, but my life is good I am not interested in anything more. My wife was "the one".

I love being married to my husband. I love him so much. I just want to know , why?.... I went out with this person for five days. I used to liké him very much. Now he got married to about 5 ir 6 years from now. I am happily married and have a baby girl, years later he adds me to his Facebook account. I accepted but do not intend to have a word with him at all. I just think its kind ofugly for married men to search women in Facebook or search to say hi through Mail chat with women they dated in the past or has sex with. I dont get it. It has happened to me and i havent responded just because I personal y think it is weird.

So why did you accept his request if you have no intention of every speaking to him? :confused: If you only went out for five days especially you could have declined his request.

We can't say why this guy did it, it may be innocent or not, but the point is if you find it ugly and disagree with it, it doesn't make any sense why you'd then accept him especially if you don't plan on talking to him. :confused: