Should I be Concerned Part 2

Hi again.

So, my husband today texted his coworker again. There was nothing for 2 days, and I know this work drama has been resolved. So, why did he take the initiative, knowing I will probably see it on the phone account, and knowing that it will bother me? I am having such a hard time trusting him.

• Author

I guess you are trying to tell me that I'm being ridiculous? I just don't know why I feel this way.

LivingWaterPlease

Sammy, I know most everyone on the other thread you began told you that you were over reacting to the communication between your H and the co worker but I don't think you are at all.

I don't think it sounds as if anything is going on, though, either at this point.

I just believe it's not a good idea for a married person to have an ongoing texting R with a person of the opposite sex they aren't married to. That's how a close friendship begins and from a close friendship sometimes affairs happen.

Just because he's doing it, doesn't mean he'll have an A with her. But, I do think A's often begin from innocent communications that are ongoing.

If I were you I think I'd find a good marriage counselor for both of you to see. It would be worth it to deal with this, with a professional since it's obviously bothering you quite a bit.

To me it's inconsiderate of your feelings that he continues this behavior knowing how much it bothers you even though he has no intention of having an affair.

I know there are people who believe men and women can be "just friends" but I've never become good friends with a man who didn't at some point let me know he wanted more than friendship with me. And a counselor I went to (a man) told me that in every male/female close friendship there is always one party who is hoping for more than just friendship from the R even if they never reveal it to the other.

• Like 1