What made you want to marry your hubby/wife?

He was my soulmate, was from the same racial/ethnic group (not a requirement but a surprising coincidence and bonus, our ancestors come from the same village), had an amazing sense of humor, a razor sharp wit, great integrity, a high sex drive and a big penis. He also thinks my jokes are funny and continues to find me hot through the years, so that's great.

• Like 3

at the time, it was a sure feeling about our relationship, which for the most part had been an LDR.

20-something years later, I see a little more clearly: He's got a good heart, is kind, funny, cute, sexy, funny, sweet ... he's the other half of the orange, as one of the kids put it.

it really wasn't some urge to be with him, because we pretty much lived our relationship one meet-up at a time, but when he talked about marriage, it just made sense; the idea wasn't as foreign or unwanted when *he* talked about it (I swore I'd never marry).

• Like 1
SaveYourHeart

My husband was my biggest crush as a kid, we grew up, he finally noticed me and we hit it off right away! The night I realized that I loved him was when I watched him playing with his rescue dog on the floor for a good 30 minutes. They had such a wonderful bond. This was the man I could grow old with, a man who shared my passion for saving animals. Now we've been married a few months, and while we may still have a few issues (hence the reason I'm on here) we've saved dozens of dogs and cats from dying in shelters. He is my soulmate. <3

• Like 4

Honestly, because it was the next step in the progression of life. We were soo young and neither one of us knew what we really wanted in a marriage. We had been together since 16 (her) and 17 (me). When we got married (22 &23) it just seemed like it was what we were suppose to do. I did and still do love her deeply, and I would do it again.

• Like 1

We talked about getting married really early on in our relationship 9 after our first date if I remember correctly) and we've been married about 18 years now.

I can't say what it was that made me want to marry him. that doesn't mean there wasn't something there, just more that I can't put it into words. I just knew he was "the one". Mind you, we didn't get married right away. We dated for a few months and then moved into together until we graduated from university.

Honestly, because it was the next step in the progression of life. We were soo young and neither one of us knew what we really wanted in a marriage. We had been together since 16 (her) and 17 (me). When we got married (22 &23) it just seemed like it was what we were suppose to do. I did and still do love her deeply, and I would do it again.

Same. Together at 16 & married at 23, it was the natural progression.

I knew I was going to be with him married or not, but said real estate & kids were off the table unless we got married so that put the ball completely in his court.

And like you, I'd do it all over again :)

• Like 3

In no apparent order:

1. Similar ancestry, religion and views on children

2. Apparent calm

3. Always up for lovemaking

4. Both enjoyed being self-employed

• Like 3

The first time I met my wife I knew there was something different about her. I had a feeling that was different, much, much stronger. I still very much wanted to take her to bed, but I also respected her a lot. I liked how she would bite down on her tongue when she laughed. I loved her eyes, her smile and her personality. Two weeks into our relationship when I was dropping her off back at home I told her (and took a huge chance doing this) that I believed we would be together for a very long time. I just felt it, and I said it. To my surprise she agreed. A decade later...........here we are. Married for 8 years.

The love I had for her was just so much different than my previous girlfriend who I thought "might" be the one. I realized right then the age old story of "when you know you know" and I knew right then that this was different.

• Like 2

Saw her in passing over a decade ago. Some feeling or knowing was always in my mind. When situation allowed me to go after her, everything beyond expectations was instant and understood. The " normal " progression for a relationship was a joke, everything was just there.

Something in her eyes.

• Like 1
Poppygoodwill

Sounds cliched, but I just knew. And i never really considered it before with anyone I had dated, or the 3 partners I lived with over time, but there was something about him. It dawned on me about four months into our relationship that it was different because I saw a photo of him singing karaoke and surprised myself by thinking, "I want to put a ring on that". And about a year later, I did. Married two years in July and very happy.

• Like 1