I can't believe he asked me to consider this

Nahtaivel616

My husband of 7 years asked to consider a business proposition between him and his supposedly FOW's baby's daddy. He is a lease operator truck driver abd he just told me today that he wants to take his inheritance that he's supposed to get and buy a truck with it so he can be an owner operator. Now mind you, a few days ago he was telling me that he was tired of being OTR and was looking for a local driving job. The reason why he asked me to consider this was because they lost custody of their kids and their maternal grandmother has custody of them for about a year now. The FOW has a drug problem and she's supposedly been off of them for 5 months now (I don't believe that ****. at all). They are supposedly back together now and they want to get their kids back. I'm at the end of my damn rope and I feel that I can no longer continue to be in this marriage if he can't even respect my feelings.

Edited by Nahtaivel616
bathtub-row

I'm a little confused as to how his inheritance is tied to the FOW.

That aside, maybe he was talking about being tired of it from the standpoint of working for someone else. This would make him independent, right?

If he has kids with this woman, it's not odd that he would have some type of relationship with her. If you think he's still romantically tied to her, that's a different story.

Sorry, I'm just not really following the situation very well.

What are you upset about? That he wants to continue to be OTR or that he wants to go into business with the FOW's baby daddy or both?

If it's both, I don't know what to tell you.

If it's who he's picking as a business partner, brainstorm with him to come up with another business partner.

If its that you want the OTR to stop, ask to the see the business plan & financial projections for the business. Talk about the probability of getting a local driving job & what that would pay vs. the risks & benefits of being self employed.

If he's trying to open a dialogue, talk to the main. If you don't talk to him, you are doing to him exactly what you are mad at him for doing, not respecting your feelings.

• Like 1