Havent met wife's family

Hello all. This is my first post on here. Just wanted to say somethings.

I have been married for about six years and I have not met my wife's family yet. She talks on the phone with one of her sisters and I have spoken to her, but the rest of her family I dont know about.

She has met my family and friends, in fact we constantly are around my family and doing trips and things. But I have never met her family and really I may not feel to now...

I did have a chance to meet them (they live out of town) a few months ago but I did not want to go. I gave no explanation to my wife just said I didnt want to go.

I have my reasons. Sometimes I feel awkward in social situations with her. Not sure if its me or because of some of the things in the past we've been through.

You have been married to her for 6 years. So you know her better than anyone else here does. However, I always say when there is smoke there`s fire. Why would she not want to see her family, or what did they do. There is always a reason behind it and much of it could be because of her and not them. It is never 100% the other person`s fault that the family doesn't get together. Maybe her parents did something but maybe she holds a grudge for way too long as well. I always say you never know someone until you know their family.

She might have her reasons why this happen. Just live with the fact this has happen. Remember you didn't marry her just to be with her family. So you married her. Just accept things as they are.