relationship v work

DH is away on a month long business trip. In the past I have been able to go every weekend to see him. I had planned to this weekend but just got a boat load of stuff dumped on my desk. I really could use two weekend days in the office to work but I miss him & don't want to go two weeks without seeing him.

Do I chose love or money?

What is his weekend looking like ? I would do the work load if it were me.... but if he is going to be twittling his thumbs then maybe he could come your way.

First, is it just a one time thing? Second, is he understanding? Third, does the work HAVE to be done over the weekend? What happens if you work late tonight and Friday (if you don't have trick or treaters) and finish - can you go Saturday?

If it is a one time thing and the relationship is stable - then I would stay behind - may help with the stress.

Can you put a monetary value on a weekend with your SO?

If yes, take the best value, if no, get your azz on the road!!! ;)

• Like 1
  • Author

Just got off the phone with DH. I didn't realize there is bad weather coming our way -- snow for me, severe rain where he is. Looks like Mother Nature may make the decision for me. :(

He can't really come home. He took a train & it ends up being a big p.i.t.a. to get him from the station. If we were going to do that, I might as well go there.

Do I chose love or money?

Would be easy decision for me.

On your deathbed decades from now, will you raise your head up and say "Glad I got my desk cleared off in October 2014"?

If not (and circumstances/weather permits), then go :) ...

Mr. Lucky

you gotta do what you gotta do. If your job might suffer from blowing off the extra work...then that should be done first. Good jobs are not easy to find nowadays. Make it up to your spouse with long skype sessions each night.