Is my husband crazy or just trying to make crazy?

My husband is a compulsive liar. Yet I always hope that when he tells me good things they are true yet 99% of the time they are made up. He constantly tells me he has great prospects for job interviews and in high demand. Not once has he ever went on an interview (he has a job but always claims he should be making a lot more for what he does). A few weeks ago he told me he had and interview the next day. I thought to myself that he didn't have a suit. Maybe he would find nice khakis and a shirt to wear but the next morning gets ready for work wearing shorts as usual. As we were leaving I said to him I thought you had a job interview and he said they told him he didn't have to dress for it. I said you don't go to a job interview in shorts and then he says well I'm probably not going to go anyways because I found out it wasn't full time. He obviously never has an interview.

He always can leave early from work or go to Dr appts etc and when I ask him to make sure he is home on time Friday because we have plans or sat plans he more times than not says he might have to work late or go in sat. Now in 6 years he has maybe worked late twice and went in on sat once. When he uses that excuse (and then never ends ups working late), I mention how he can always leave when he needs to but whenever it's plans I made for us he says he might have to work late and his response is "what do you want me to do lose my job!?" He works for his father and he won't. Or he will say I left at 5 because you asked me to but might not have a job on Monday. Totally being dramatic and making me feel guilty. Then I act out on FB with angry posts and I look like the crazy one.

He never really listens to me when I speak. He is always thinking about the next thing he is going to say and doesn't always hear my thoughts. If I asked him what I just said, he will say he wasn't listening.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

One of the things I'm working really hard to accomplish with my ten and twelve year olds is to always read people's actions and behaviors and put little faith in someone's words until they have already proven their position with deeds.

I recommend the same for you.

People are what they do. Words have no inherent value.

• Like 1

It seems to me that he likes manipulating you. It's a subtle and underhanded type of manipulation but it leaves you feeling frustrated, angry and resentful. Which is understandable. On the other hand, he even seems to go beyond subtle manipulation because anytime you question him, he becomes angry and defensive. This is the kind of guy who would do or say anything and very easily justify it because he only cares about himself and his ego. I'm guessing this isn't the only problem you have with him in this relationship.

• Like 1