iron anniversary gift suggestions?

Our 6th wedding anniversary is coming up. We have been doing the "traditional" gifts. One is paper. Four was fruit. Five was wood. Six is iron. Twenty-five is silver. etc.

In the past I have gotten DH

One -- a great book

Four -- something for his apple i-pad (Hey, an apple is fruit
:p
)

Five -- Timberland boots (timber is wood)

Anybody got any clever ideas for iron? Don't worry about the budget; just please help me to brainstorm.

I already "threatened" him if he gets me an actual iron to press clothes with so I certainly can't get him one. While I play golf & would love new "irons", alas he doesn't play or this would be easy.

Timberland boots...is he an outdoors-man? Mine was, and one of his prized possessions was a cast-iron skillet that he could put directly on his outdoors' fire and cook whatever he had caught in his outdoors' hunting expeditions.

(I'm the OPPOSITE of 'outdoors', so I'm not really sure what I'm talking about. Only that he LOVED :love: his cast-iron skillet.)

He also is a golfer, though..."irons" woulda worked for him.

• Like 2
todreaminblue

an iron

an ironing board......

a picture of margaret thatcher in a frame.....

iron tablets......he might be anemic one day....smilin....congrats on your 6th...:0)..i would buy something wrought iron...i love wrought iron...i cant think of anything funny...i just keep seeing intricate iron work....i used to have a wrought iron bed frame it was beautiful..........deb

• Like 1
  • Author

I love the iron pills. lol

The skillet is very creative & just the kind of out of the box thinking I was hoping for but he doesn't camp or cook. :(

I'm toying with the idea of a wrought iron sculpture but he's not really an art guy, which is sad because his sister own a gallery so she could have helped.

Keep the great ideas coming! You are boosting my creative juices. :bunny:

• Like 1
Keep the great ideas coming! You are boosting my creative juices. :bunny:

So...help us help you. But I think I'm paraphrasing :confused:

What is he into...or what would "we" like to get him into??? ;)

• Like 1
..i would buy something wrought iron...i love wrought iron...

Wrought iron head- and foot-boards for the bed...the kind to which one can attach all kinds of silk ties and, um, iron handcuffs and chains and other iron stuff, and have wild and crazy sex???

And yes, I was remiss. Congrats on your 6th, d0nnivain and hubby :love::bunny::love:

• Like 3
Our 6th wedding anniversary is coming up. We have been doing the "traditional" gifts. One is paper. Four was fruit. Five was wood. Six is iron. Twenty-five is silver. etc.

In the past I have gotten DH

One -- a great book

Four -- something for his apple i-pad (Hey, an apple is fruit
:p
)

Five -- Timberland boots (timber is wood)

Anybody got any clever ideas for iron? Don't worry about the budget; just please help me to brainstorm.

I already "threatened" him if he gets me an actual iron to press clothes with so I certainly can't get him one. While I play golf & would love new "irons", alas he doesn't play or this would be easy.

How about an iron barbecue grill or iron bacon press? I think I've heard that most people love bacon?? Although I'm a vegetarian lol ;):p:laugh:

• Like 2

Look at Etsy for iron jewelry! I'm a jeweler and it is a technique I've been dying to learn; some accented with gold and whatnot.

I can especially recommend googling "Suzanne Pugh" and look at her rings or the work of "Jerry Peters." (I don't think either of them is on Etsy, but it will give you an idea of what is being done.)

• Like 1
Look at Etsy for iron jewelry! I'm a jeweler and it is a technique I've been dying to learn;

d0nnivain,

When is the actual anniversary? Cos you might try CarrieT's Jewelry...pro'ly/maybe get a bit of a deal too since I understand it's a technique at which she's still apprenticing ;) (I have no idea how busy (or not) she is, though...you'll need to sort that out, also.)

d0nnivain,

When is the actual anniversary? Cos you might try CarrieT's Jewelry...pro'ly/maybe get a bit of a deal too since I understand it's a technique at which she's still apprenticing ;) (I have no idea how busy (or not) she is, though...you'll need to sort that out, also.)

Not me - I don't make jewelry with iron... It is just something I am aware of (and own a little of). When done well, it is very cool!

Iron Maiden tickets?

Does he eat meat? Maybe some sort of steak of the month club. Lots of iron in steak.

lol iron maiden tickets....are they still together? dont worry googling...

yep together i think..deb

Does he workout? Set up a home gym. A 300lb Olympic cast iron weight set (200 bucks at sears) and bench and power rack/cage (NY barbell - 500 bucks) for your home. Pump some iron!

Edited by dichotomy
  • Like 1
  • Author

The anniversary is mid-October so I have some time

He's into Video games :( & not much else. I would love to get him into golf so I am seriously considering clubs.

I do like the idea of the bacon press. I saw one for the 1st time a few weeks ago at his sister's house but that would end up being more for me because he doesn't cook or go in the kitchen except to feed the dog, before he (the dog) passed.

He doesn't wear jewelry except his wedding ring. When we 1st got together I bought him a nice watch. It's still in the box on the dresser.

We have almost a full gym in the house so more weights is overkill.

He's a maddening guy to buy for sometimes. I'll figure something out though.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

• Like 1
  • Author

He does like cartoons & super heroes so I was thinking about an IronMan collectible. It's certainly not something I would want but he may love it.

• Like 3
  • Author

New clubs would of course come with lessons. I have always joked that I want him to play so I would have somebody to play with. I haven't really played since we started dating.

• Like 1