I didn't know things could be so wonderful in a marriage

So, I've been married for about 2 years now.

I didn't know things could be so wonderful in a marriage. I have to confess... I feel happy, satisfied, joyeous, good, in peace, in harmony, taking a day at a time and just enjoying my life with my husband.

The first year was a little hard sometimes for me to adapt, cause I used to live with my father and sister, but afterwards, it got better and better and just keeps on getting better and better and my best advice to people who want to get married is. Don't rush, be yourself, with your faults and virtudes and let yourself be loved for the person you are, for the family you have, for the friends you have, accept, and let yourself be accepted... and show a lot of affection and love in the process.... it is really worth it.

Now, I am a very happy married wife of 29 years old, and wanting to scream to the world, that I'm pregnant!!!.... I just can't say to my father, sister etc, because it is too soon.. So here it is, I'm pregnant!!!.. and hope all of your marriages and relationships go wonderfully.... if you both put effort in the relationship, you can really create your own peace of heaven on earth inside your house, and transform it into a home... it's wonderful and I highly recommend marriage... Just , know you are accepted and loved , accept and love and just let yourselves be yourselves...with support and hang in there... there are rough patches but, it all pays back.

• Like 10

I think it's great that you're so happy, and congrats on your baby!

Just so you know, there are a lot of people who spend a lot of time working on their marriages in situations that are very toxic and that will never change. Don't think that just because people divorce or are having difficult marriages that it means they don't try or that they did something wrong. Sometimes, no matter how hard you work at it, it's not fixable.

Judgement about divorce is one of the reasons why so many people stay in bad situations, particular in abusive marriages. There are actually very few happy, or even good, marriages out there. Be glad that you're in one of them but don't think that you have all the answers as to why marriages don't work out.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks guys! Yes it is the first one.

About divorce, I do think it is another subject to this post. Actually it is in the lame side of relationships. But I will happily give you an answer to what I believe. Living with a partner who doesnt put effort in your relationship, is verbally or phisically abusive, or just doesnt seem interested might harm the environment in the house having a detrimental impact in your mental health and your kids. A bad marriage hurts the family as a whole. Lots of people mistake divorce with failure and I dont see it that way. Some just want to stay there "for the kids". I see it as a solution for when people no matter what just dont seem to have compatibility and gets hard to try to force it. I guess it,s a high prize ticket towards regaining your sanity, emotional strength and sometimes self love. Not only for you, but partner and kids too. Divorce can be sad when its recent but usually with time and mental treatment you may go back to have a fulfilling life or at least regaining peace and psychological health. So to all those people having problems in your marriage or going through divorce I can just say it is a painful process but it has lots of rewards later on and you still have a chance to be free to choose what is it that you want out of life. So goodluck to all of you. And just think that even for now it might be tough, the kids will appreciate it later in life even if for the moment they dont understand, think of their wellbeing too. Bad relationships have negative impact in children and they are aware of the emotional distress between their parents don,t think that a child doesn,t notice because they do notice.

Edited by Sw3etdev1L
  • Like 2
being the best me

Congratulations and remember to always make each other the priority in your lives and the rest will be a walk in the park! A child shouldn't rule your life but enhance it.

Enjoy.

I feel like my marriage gets stronger every day, even when things are bumpy.

Good luck to you & your growing family.

Your thread brought a smile to my face. This forum can be so bleak at times. It was so nice to see something positive for a change. Thanks for taking the time to share your story. Best of luck in building a life and family with your husband.:)