in 5 years of relationship had sex only thrice after which we married in May 2014, in 3 months of marriage we haven't had sex in last 2 months. My father in law's health condition is detoriating and had been hospitalized since last month.My husband is now ok as we have accepted that his heallth ondition will not b same as before. My husband goes to office, after coming back enjoys comedy shows serials wwe, play games on PlayStation. is this normal? I mean we're newly wed and no sex? I understand that he might be tensed, but he does everything except love making. I'm not. desperate, just it's hurting me emotionally I also expect something from him.. please tell me what to do

No it is not normal. Sex is the physical embodiment of love.

If you trawl through some of these threads you will find many, many problems in marriages caused by this.

Your marriage is in trouble. Sex is hugely important in a marriage, a poor/non existent sex life is often the cause of affairs, marital breakdown, illness, stress and causes esteem issues in partners.

Or it is a sign of a failing marriage. You need to sit down and talk to your husband about this, and you may need marriage counselling. Make no mistake your marriage cannot go on like this and it will fail unless the problem is found and sorted.

I'd suggest MC, but if your H doesn't or if he won't you need to think about leaving. This is destroying you.

• Like 1

I don't think there is a "normal" frequency of sex because everybody is different, but I think it is normal for you, since you had sex less than 1ce a year before getting married (if I am reading your post correctly)... were you expecting it to go up after marriage? It seems like the norm is for it to go down instead, sadly.

• Like 1
Poppygoodwill

You didn't have sex hardly at all before you married. Why did you think it would change afterward?

It's possible that your husband is actually asexual. Or it's possible he doesn't find you attractive in that way. Or that he's gay. Or that he has reasons from early in his life that meakes him avoid sex. Whatever the reason....it's not within the spectrum of normal, I'd say - given that "normal" is a very wide spectrum.

• Like 1
in 5 years of relationship had sex only thrice

I've quoted this because it bears re-reading. You have had sex only 3 times in 5 years! Now you are complaining you are not getting enough sex after marriage?

Didn't you think this was odd, don't you and your girlfriends chat about how often you have sex. Didn't you address this at all?

I'd guess you are in you are 20's or early 30's, in the first part of the relationship your sex life should be amazing, never getting enough of each other etc...

Who goes out with someone for 5 years and only have sex 3 times? Didn't this strike you as odd? Why did you put up with it? Why did you marry him?

I think we need more information to respond further but 3 times in 5 years isn't normal.

• Like 1

If you want more sex, talk to him, or divorce him (also if he doesn't respond to talking about it). If sounds like you are both very low drive, but his is even lower drive.

If you want more sex, talk to him, or divorce him (also if he doesn't respond to talking about it). If sounds like you are both very low drive, but his is even lower drive.

I'm not convinced by the low sex drive argument. I know we are all different, but a healthy person will want/need sex more than once every 2 years.

My husband goes to office, after coming back enjoys comedy shows serials wwe, play games on PlayStation. is this normal?

No it is not. He is a grown ass man, he should act like it.

• Like 2

You'd think an OP who nick named herself "anallove" would have gotten sex more then 5 times in 3 years.

You'd think an OP who nick named herself "anallove" would have gotten sex more then 5 times in 3 years.

Lol! :laugh:

Sorry, that's just really funny.

It doesn't sound like anything was any different before you were married. Did you think thighs would change?

Sorry, I meant 'things', not 'thighs'. Darn spell correctors. :D

• Like 1