How to tell Overprotective parents that I'm moving in with my fiance..

My fiance and I have been together nearly 2 years. We just go engaged on Friday. I stay at his house on weekends, and occasionally he'll stay at my house a night or 2. (I live with my parents).

They're not crazy about me staying over there, but they've basically "come to terms" with it.

Well, we want to move in together. I'm graduating college in 2 weeks. I have a full time job starting the following week, right near to his house.

(We live 1 hour away. My job is 20 minutes from his house, 40 minutes from mine)

He just lost his job..so now is really a time when he needs me to help with bills and whatnot while he looks for a new job (he'll get one soon, he's already gotten calls).

And our wedding will be over near where he lives (because all of his family is there. None of my family live in this state) So, in order for me to do ANY planning and visit places, I need to be over there.

Well, I told my mom just now that I'm going to his house for the weekend because his mother invited us to her house for Easter so we can tell his grandparents about our engagement (they don't know yet)

She said, "No. Now that you're engaged I don't want you staying over there more nights than you have to."

I don't even get how the 2 are related. Now that I have a ring on my hand I'm not "allowed" to go stay at his house all of a sudden??

It's just really stressing me out. My parents are really religious and over protective and I know it's not going to go over well. I don't even know how to bring it up because I know how they're going to react.

I am 22 and he is 25.

They're not crazy about me staying over there, but they've basically "come to terms" with it.

Same as you staying over there. "They will come to terms with it."

Nothing you can do to alleviate your stress as you have already anticipated their reaction. Just accept it.

Your mother's reasoning isn't logical. I'd say move in anyways if not for the job loss and the fact that your job's so new. If you get let go, what then?