mid 30's..going out to drink..its old

BOREDouttaMymind

my wife wants to go to a beerfest this weekend. I want my drinking days to be over with. ya a beer once in a blue moon is fine but going to drink to get drunk.. I did that for years in college. I even lived in Europe for 6 years and drank more there than most Americans will drink in their life.

I don't want to go. I get the point of drinking is fun. I used to love to drink, get buzzed, drunk. haha.. I puked in the morning, yay, lets do it again next week. I get it. I did it for years. But if I go shes just going to complain that im not drinking enough and its going to put a bummer mood between us anyways. I said I will go for her because she wants, but I got no response from her. no thanks, no nothing.

Its so sad to say but this is a new relationship and I feel so trapped in it.

I'm having trouble reconciling the idea that your relationship with your WIFE is NEW. Did you marry a stranger?

Plus if she is begrudging you a new bullet proof vest because you two don't have the money, maybe if you skipped the beer fest you could afford the vest.

Taking those issues off the table, marriage is compromise. Sometimes you have to go places that aren't your cup of tea. Another option might be for you to drop her off & pick her up later. As a law enforcement person you can appreciate the importance of a participant having a safe sober ride home after something like this.

• Author
BOREDouttaMymind

good advice. yes it is compromise. I think its not even what she said about the vest, its the fact that her initial gut reaction was that it was too much money to keep me safe. im a believer that most first responses are typically the true feelings.

• Like 1

Wait, what? This is a new relationship, but she is your wife? I don't understand that.

Is this something she often does? It seems as though you've got some strong feelings about this particular event; have there been issues in the past when you two socialize or go to events, ie. her trying to get you to drink more when you simply don't want to? It just appears as though the issue of the beer festival is a symptom of a larger problem