First Anniversary Ideas?

Johnsmith1003

Our anniversary is on Valentines Day. No, we're not naturally corny but I thought it would be cute to hold it last year then. Anyway, what good ideas to have on that special night? I have a fancy dinner, then dessert where we got our banana/mousse cake from our wedding (a sampling of both, that is) and then what else? There aren't any special places, per se, that are worth mentioning (except maybe the hotel we went to on our honeymoon) but what/where else?

• Like 1

how about just choosing an activity that you both enjoy and doing that? (ie dancing, bowling, paintball, whatever) or going to a new place together and making something. in my area they have pottery places, painting places, etc. where you make something (perhaps for one another) and then take it home. dinner cruises are also popular where I am. if your city is large and touristy maybe pick out a tourist location and go visit there.

I don't think it's really about the place as such. It's about revisiting that day in your hearts, so you can do something really simple but get back in the bubble of remembering and feeling how you felt, and have that experience together :)

It started with our first anniversary, but each year we make a point to take a trip to where we got married on our anniversary...sometimes even staying in the same hotel we stayed at on our wedding night. Considering we got married in a tourist area in my state that is about 4 hours from where we live, it's a fun way to mark each anniversary.

Happy Anniversary.

When we got married DH & I agreed to abide by the traditional anniversary themes. 1st is paper. I got him a book / album & I put mementos & dates in it from our life together so far. We add to it together.

We also went back to the banquet hall where we had our wedding. We had dinner in the restaurant, then snuck into the ballroom with an I-pad to dance to our song. The venue caught us but when we explained what we were doing, they bought us a drink.

• Like 1

First anniversary! Congratulations! I think the first year has some of the hardest work, you've been busy establishing the ground rules for your married life, what to fight about and leave alone...that kind of thing.

You're giving a nod to the past, how about a nod to your future? We use our anniversary to agree to a few fun goals and activities for the next year. Save up to go to a particularly fancy restaurant, a cooking class, agree on a couple of vacation sites you both want to visit, something that's a stretch for both of you too where you're trying something new together. It's really important in marriage imho to give the both of you fun shared goals, and to try new things together.

But you know those smashbooks? You can get them at Michaels. I took pictures, note cards from flowers, movie tickets, our wedding invites/stationery, etc. etc. and put them in a smashbook - kind of like a journal from October 31, 2009 through our wedding day.

My husband loved it!

Second anniversary is cotton - so I'm being boring and getting him a monogrammed bathrobe! :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

A guy I work with gave his wife plane tickets for their first wedding anniversary for a romantic getaway later on in the year. Given it's the paper anniversary... Any tickets would work! Movie, theatre, opera, concert, theme park... The possibilities are endless!

Happy anniversary and have a wonderful day :-)