what are some good books/magazines to send to your wife in jail?

my wife is currently in jail for the next six months for a money crime. I might get a lot of flack for supporting a criminal but since she has no history of this and her crime wasn't against me or our child so I am willing to stick by her. I was wondering what are some good books or magazines out that are good to send to an inmate.

, I honestly don't read much and I was thinking maybe there were some good specific books you can send to someone in jail. She's 35 if that helps . Don't even know what books are targeted toward that age group

The types not allowed are things inciting racial hatred, rioting, making drugs, violence or escaping from jail but that's nothing to worry about she would never read that kind of stuff anyway

main thing I wonder if there are some good specific books or magazines for someone in jail. And also maybe what kind of books or magazines would not be a good idea

Maybe some inspirational books like the Chicken Soup for the Soul Series or books about something she enjoys. I like books on black and white photography, for instance. As for magazines...the Smithsonian is really great, Taste of Home Cooking magazines are fun to read and find new recipes if she likes to cook, and I personally like The Atlantic Monthly but it might be too opinionated. Sorry you are having to go through this. It must be really hard for you and your child.

dreamingoftigers

So the Count of Monte Cristo is banned? LOL

honestly, maybe The Success Principles by Jack Canfield.

I found it inspirational when I felt low.

Or seven habits of highly effective people.

But only if she's into "inspirational/improvey" things.

As for novels I liked A Prayer for Owen Meaney and About A Boy.

Nice light reading.