Why men are opting out of marriage

These should be shown to every senior high school class. I would say that in my own particular situation, I am shacked by golden handcuffs from doing anything regarding my marriage and the first two links tell you exactly why! Thanks for posting these Strong. All you young guys would be wise to take this to heart!

• Like 1

Marriage should be reserved for men who want to get married, who understand the true meaning of love which includes give and take. Quite often, you'll find that men who are very selfish or are nancy boys, don't do well in marriages and quite often, are also socially inept.

• Like 5
Ah yes, the attempted shaming of those men intelligent enough to not sign a contract forfeiting their assets based solely on the long term emotions of another person.

A smarter man would protect his assets, and I'm speaking about more air-tight legalese than highly contestable prenuptial.

• Like 1

If men want to opt out of marriage then that is their prerogative but at least be up front with a woman if feelings develop and for the love of God don't make your decision based on any cry baby bitter biased men online who paint all women scum just because they had a sh*tty marriage, or because they can't get any woman to talk to them.

Talk to some real life friends and family who are married, divorced, and never married and then make a decision from there.

• Like 12
A smarter man would protect his assets, and I'm speaking about more air-tight legalese than highly contestable prenuptial.
If people have real assets to speak of, they'll not only be using prenups, they'll also have some assets held in trusts that don't fuel their current lifestyle.

What I find amusing, is that guy who yells "prenup" or "no way, no how, I'm getting married since I fear the loss of my nickels and dimes" with less than $50K in assets. :laugh:

• Like 2
If people have real assets to speak of, they'll not only be using prenups, they'll also have some assets held in trusts that don't fuel their current lifestyle.

What I find amusing, is that guy who yells "prenup" or "no way, no how, I'm getting married since I fear the loss of my nickels and dimes" with less than $50K in assets. :laugh:

Trusts is what I was thinking, and have ;)

For everyone else who doesn't really know, Trust can protect your real estate by incorporated it as it's own entity, essentially. Then you become a baord member, laws vary by state for many baord member are needed (I think), but in the end you don't own anything. The first thing a lawyer will do is a check of what you're worth-be it accident or divorce. This way, your real estate won't even pop up on his radar, and if it by chance does, it will just show you as a board member of a trust and not an owner. Yayyyyy. Airtight, where as prenups, notsomuch.

I think nowadays it's actually become just-that-low. Most people don't make close to even that much in a year, let alone have the financial intelligence nor patience to put it anywhere useful.

• Like 1
  • Author
strongnrelaxed
Marriage should be reserved for men who want to get married, who understand the true meaning of love which includes give and take. Quite often, you'll find that men who are very selfish or are nancy boys, don't do well in marriages and quite often, are also socially inept.

This is all you have to say?

Well, I guess that pretty much sums it up.

Love and relationships belong in one category - marriage and contractual obligations belong in another category. To combine them is perfectly reasonable for a woman, but completely insane for a man.

Watch the videos.

• Like 1
  • Author
strongnrelaxed
So you guys..are just going to... **** eachother?!

Hawaii, I hope you will remember this when you get there. And you will. Men like you are the ones who get hurt the worst. I feel for you already. You will find out soon enough lad.

I will never judge you or say "I told you so" Just drop me a PM and I will buy you a beer.

You are a better man than your post indicates. I could be wrong, but only you can prove me wrong.

• Author
strongnrelaxed

Aha! The prenup! You should inform yourself about this. The laws in NY are changing with regard to prenups. It is not very easy.

The bigger question in my mind is this - if the relationship, the bond, the love and the intimacy are so important, WHY THE F WOULD ANYONE NEED A PRENUP!? Or for that matter why would you NEED a contract to solidfy your "love"?

This is insanity. It is like clapping with one hand.

• Author
strongnrelaxed
If men want to opt out of marriage then that is their prerogative but at least be up front with a woman if feelings develop and for the love of God don't make your decision based on any cry baby bitter biased men online who paint all women scum just because they had a sh*tty marriage, or because they can't get any woman to talk to them.

Talk to some real life friends and family who are married, divorced, and never married and then make a decision from there.

Allow me to echo your comments with a few edits....

If men want to opt out of marriage then that is their prerogative but at least be up front with a woman if feelings develop and for the love of God don't make your decision based on any feminized biased men online who paint all women as infallible goddesses just because they haven't hit the harsh wall of reality yet and do not have the compassion or critical thinking skills to see past their own indoctrination and biases.

- That sounds a bit better to me.

its no problem with me that some men don't want to be married. If i ever get married remind me not to do it with one of these nonmarriage types!

The truth is who cares. Do. Don't. Its just a contract and social thing anyway. For everyone else to see you devote yourself to another.

If i wanted to really be in a committed long term relationship i guess all i'd have to do is have one! Not make a legal and ordeal out of it.

Kudos for the people who figure out they don't want marriage! Men and women alike!

• Like 6
  • Author
strongnrelaxed
Trusts is what I was thinking, and have ;)

For everyone else who doesn't really know, Trust can protect your real estate by incorporated it as it's own entity, essentially. Then you become a baord member, laws vary by state for many baord member are needed (I think), but in the end you don't own anything. The first thing a lawyer will do is a check of what you're worth-be it accident or divorce. This way, your real estate won't even pop up on his radar, and if it by chance does, it will just show you as a board member of a trust and not an owner. Yayyyyy. Airtight, where as prenups, notsomuch.

I think nowadays it's actually become just-that-low. Most people don't make close to even that much in a year, let alone have the financial intelligence nor patience to put it anywhere useful.

I can only assume that I am in the minority in thinking that all of this legal protection is a bizarre way to start out what should be the most trusting relationship of one's life.

I know, I know. I am a crazy bitter misogynist for thinking that a relationship should first and foremost be about the bond between a man and a woman - and not some convoluted legal arrangement that requires lawyers, prenups and irrevocable trusts with recent divorce court cases as required reading and research prior to entering into said arrangement.

Aha! The prenup! You should inform yourself about this. The laws in NY are changing with regard to prenups. It is not very easy.

The bigger question in my mind is this - if the relationship, the bond, the love and the intimacy are so important, WHY THE F WOULD ANYONE NEED A PRENUP!? Or for that matter why would you NEED a contract to solidfy your "love"?

This is insanity. It is like clapping with one hand.

What it's really like... It's like reading 4-5 words of someones statement, then writing an opinionated paragraph about it. I clearly said "better than a highly contestable Prenuptial"

Maybe I will get hurt (again). Maybe I will hurt her (again). Who knows, really in the end what will happen. But I'm certainly not going to live in spite or fear, or hate, or jealousy. That's just not me.

Fact is, I'm very practical, if you've read any other of my posts, and 1 of my 2 threads. I want a woman with assets, one that will contribute to our relationship. And if she isn't when I meet her, I will push and support her to. I would stop her from going to college, work, or bettering herself. And that's only one of the many way we differ. Anyways, If she did in fact have assets, maybe more than meeeee, what then would she rob me of?

I personally can give two turds about marriage. I don't need a piece of paper, or the tax benefits, yet. If she wants it, fine, but usually the woman I get sprung for would rather take that money and travel the world for 6 months as opposed to stress out for a wedding.

I've learned enough to find a good woman, I know that much. I have plenty of time to kill out here. time time time time.

lastly.. you already owe me a beer for making me watch those videos. :D

Most men I know are educating their sons as to the dangers of marriage nowadays. Not that they are necessarily unhappy in their marriages, just that it is the responsible thing to do.

• Like 2
I can only assume that I am in the minority in thinking that all of this legal protection is a bizarre way to start out what should be the most trusting relationship of one's life.

I know, I know. I am a crazy bitter misogynist for thinking that a relationship should first and foremost be about the bond between a man and a woman - and not some convoluted legal arrangement that requires lawyers, prenups and irrevocable trusts with recent divorce court cases as required reading and research prior to entering into said arrangement.

Neah, I did about a year after I bought my house. Not just protection from spiteful hell-driven woman (never said it didn't happen) but from people in general. this is rash example but say I run some one over in the car and they try to sue me.. Yeah, can't touch the house in Hawaii. I win.

Edit: which in a divorce is completely incontestable.. Where a prenup are constantly getting torn apart in court.

• Like 1

I adore good women, I've even worshipped a few. I'm very patient, traveled the world, I'm narrowing it down. ;) I look forward to finding a woman I want to share my life with. That's just me.

I'd bet and say most people in this world are stupid and trivial. Selfish and are exactly what you're guarding against in this thread... But it's both men and women. Women didn't start the institution of marriage. god did-lmao.

• Like 1
  • Author
strongnrelaxed
What it's really like... It's like reading 4-5 words of someones statement, then writing an opinionated paragraph about it. I clearly said "better than a highly contestable Prenuptial"

Maybe I will get hurt (again). Maybe I will hurt her (again). Who knows, really in the end what will happen. But I'm certainly not going to live in spite or fear, or hate, or jealousy. That's just not me.

Fact is, I'm very practical, if you've read any other of my posts, and 1 of my 2 threads. I want a woman with assets, one that will contribute to our relationship. And if she isn't when I meet her, I will push and support her to. I would stop her from going to college, work, or bettering herself. And that's only one of the many way we differ. Anyways, If she did in fact have assets, maybe more than meeeee, what then would she rob me of?

I personally can give two turds about marriage. I don't need a piece of paper, or the tax benefits, yet. If she wants it, fine, but usually the woman I get sprung for would rather take that money and travel the world for 6 months as opposed to stress out for a wedding.

I've learned enough to find a good woman, I know that much. I have plenty of time to kill out here. time time time time.

lastly.. you already owe me a beer for making me watch those videos. :D

I misunderstood your meaning on the "highly contestable prenup" thing.

I apologize for jumping - and thanks for setting me straight.

I will gladly buy you a beer just because of your poise and character. Name the beer and I will Fedex it - cold of course.

Aloha!

• Like 1

I can't for the life of me figure out why marriage is any worse for men than women. Step back into the year 2012, where women earn their own incomes and have their own assets.

But hey, that's right, men don't need to take responsibility for their crappy partner choices. They prefer to blame women.

• Like 3

i would say that the vids give some really good reasons... PRENUPT all the way!

• Like 1
I can't for the life of me figure out why marriage is any worse for men than women. Step back into the year 2012, where women earn their own incomes and have their own assets.

But hey, that's right, men don't need to take responsibility for their crappy partner choices. They prefer to blame women.

You're going to get black-bagged, Three :bunny: