Is marriage on it's deathbed?

Though I am happily married I feel that unless gender relations improve soon marriage will be dead or at least a very small niche that only a few loyalists living in the past will practice within another decade or two.

I am sorry for sounding but it is clear that men and women truly do not like each other anymore.

Isn't it time to just face the facts and realize that things are not working anymore?

Clearly, it's time for you to file for divorce, since it's so clear to you that men and women don't truly like each other anymore and it's time for you to fact the fact that it's just not working. Sorry.

But why don't you just speak for yourself and leave the rest of us out of it. If we want divorces and don't like or love the opposite sex, that's our problem, not yours.

• Like 6
  • Author
Clearly, it's time for you to file for divorce, since it's so clear to you that men and women don't truly like each other anymore and it's time for you to fact the fact that it's just not working. Sorry.

But why don't you just speak for yourself and leave the rest of us out of it. If we want divorces and don't like or love the opposite sex, that's our problem, not yours.

I never said I want a divorce but isn't it obvious when you look at society these days. If you are a healthy person and there is an outbreak of a disease do you ignore it?

I never said I want a divorce but isn't it obvious when you look at society these days. If you are a healthy person and there is an outbreak of a disease do you ignore it?

You're the main one spreading all this hate talk that I have any contact with in my world. Seriously.

• Like 2
  • Author
You're the main one spreading all this hate talk that I have any contact with in my world. Seriously.

Just look around you and see what gender relations are like.

Dude, I live in the real world. Having you rubbing hate and ugliness in everybody's faces is not affecting our reality. I don't get why you enjoy being such a hatemonger, but whatever floats your boat.

I am sincerely sorry about the demise of your marriage though. I firmly believe that we can speak for ourselves, so you must be in trouble.

• Like 1

Wogs, I'll tell ya, I'm much happier not being married but still believe marriage has a place as a social convention and embodiment of human relations. I hope the rumors of its impending death have been greatly exaggerated.

• Like 2

Gender relations have nothing to do with the downward slide of marriage. For many, the legal ramifications and what they perceive as the meaningless institutionalized traditionalism of marriage, is why it's on the downward slide.

But one thing's for certain. Within my family, extended family and social network, marriage is alive and thriving!! :love:

• Like 4

Marriage is simply a tool for the lazier and poorer to steal money from the richer or for the poor to combine income with another poor in order to survive.

The fact is that for the financially wealthy, marriage serves minimal benefit in comparison to the burden. A healthy long term relationship is absolutely achievable without marriage.

• Like 1

Everyday, everywhere I go, I hear the same as what Woggle says on LS. I hear from all ages from all walks of life.

I don't see how his OP is hate speech either.

I've never known a time when men and women have such little patience, understanding and tolerance of each other.

I've also never known a time when so many men were reluctant to marry.

I don't see how that makes for a bright future.

Marriage is simply a tool for the lazier and poorer to steal money from the richer or for the poor to combine income with another poor in order to survive.

The fact is that for the financially wealthy, marriage serves minimal benefit in comparison to the burden. A healthy long term relationship is absolutely achievable without marriage.

You, AdamAnt and Woggle should try an alternative marriage, where no evil women can interfere with your splendid celebrations of you manhood together.

• Like 1
I am sorry for sounding but it is clear that men and women truly do not like each other anymore.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't think that's "clear" though. Lots of women, like myself, absolutely adore men and everything that makes them tick.

frozensprouts

marriage may not be for some, be they me or women. but there are lots of us who do believe in marriage and are very happily married :)

instead of seeing men and women as polar opposites of each other, why not see them as "people" first. there are lots of great, trustworthy people out there, both men and women, and, sadly, there are also a few jerks, both male and female.

if you choose to focus on the bad, that's all you'll ever see...you'll miss out on so much good in your life....why live that way?

• Like 1
  • Author

I am saying that all women are evil. Of course I am a man so I see things from that point of view but I can acknowledge that women have legitimate issues as well.

I just think that unless we want men and women to simply have very little to do with each other except for sex then we as a society need to have a serious discussion about gender. Ignoring this animosity will not make it go away. Sweeping the gender war under the rug will not make it go away.

I just think that unless we want men and women to simply have very little to do with each other except for sex then we as a society need to have a serious discussion about gender. Ignoring this animosity will not make it go away. Sweeping the gender war under the rug will not make it go away.

What will make it go away?

Giving each other the benefit of the doubt.

Trying to understand the other's point of view.

Bravely trusting, and opening our hearts.

Are you doing your part?

• Like 2
Citizen Erased

Woggle, just because your marriage is struggling and you hate women (and you do, no matter how much you point the finger and then backtrack saying "oh but it's not all") Doesn't mean it's the case for everyone else.

Marriage isn't dead, but yours is only surviving instead of living. This dislike, hatred or whatever you want to call it is more important for you to focus on than your wife and marriage. To be frank, your priorities suck and you should be ashamed. Worst of all, you don't even realise that you're cheating your wife out of a trusting, loving relationship which you're more than capable of providing her.

You create your own hell. Just try not to throw your wife in the fire.

• Like 3
  • Author

I will be the first to admit I have issues with women but I don't hate them. I would never advocate treating women as 2nd class citizens. I am just the messenger. Just look at how things are in this society if you think I am being paranoid.

I am happily married

Wogs, I'm going to focus on this one little phrase in your OP and say "Good for you, man." ;)

All the rest is just conversation.

Your poor, poor wife.

I can't even imagine my horror if I were to discover my own beloved husband posting the kind of hatred that you spew over these fora regularly.

• Like 3

Woggle, I would really appreciate if you stopped projecting your **** and crap on to everyone else. If you hate all women, fine. But don't come here and tell me I "truly don't like men", or that the majority of women don't like men in general, or that the majority of men don't like women in general. Please keep your hate to yourself. It's YOUR hate, not everybody else's. Own it.

Edited by denise_xo
  • Like 6
I am saying that all women are evil. .

This is a serious question now. Have you ever been a pimp Woggle? The only time I have seen this level of hatred towards women was in working with prostitutes back in the day.

The pimps I saw had your attitude.

H'mmm... I was thinking about this the other day. You fit the profile really really well.

Be truthful now.

Take care,

Eve x

Just look around you and see what gender relations are like.

Okay. Around me, I see friends and family getting married and having children. I see people who are happily in relationships or still looking.

That might have something to do with the fact that I don't surround myself with negative BS and then sit in my room and cry about it on the internet.

Just get a divorce already instead of telling the rest of us that our experiences are meaningless or non=existent because a TROLL ON THE DAILY MAIL COMMENTS SECTION SAID SOMETHING MEAN! :(

I am saying that all women are evil.

I know you are.

• Like 3

Not a-fscking-gain.

I swear, people are so hard on Verhzhn for consistently repeating negativity, but Woggle, you've been at it for YEARS AND YEARS. And worst of all, you have a wife who daily proves to you that you're WRONG about all this but you just keep ON with it.

I feel so sorry for her, I really do.

• Like 1