Where some good ideas for a five year anniversary?

In June we will married five years. I can't believe it actually lasted that long but it did and things are better than ever. I want to plan something big and though it is only March I figure it would be good to get an early start. For the ladies if you were about to celebrate a milestone anniversary what would you like your husband to do?

• Author

I meant to write what are some good ideas. I always said I was a horrible typist.

Tell us a little about your wife. What does she enjoy doing? Is she outdoorsy? Adventurous? Some things I think would be nice ideas:

1. Going up in a hot air balloon and sharing some champagne up in the sky

2. Going skydiving, followed by a nice dinner

3. Going to one of those mud bath spas. I don't know if they have them there but they are popular in wine country here. You soak in a big mud tub, get a massage, then go wine tasting and enjoy a fancy dinner.

4. Take her somewhere that means a lot to you, maybe the place you met, give her a special gift (something that shows that you really know her) and thank her for her love and understanding. You have put her through some tough stuff, tell her and show her you treasure and appreciate her.

It's hard to know what you guys are like as a couple, what you like to do and what you like but if you give us some details you'll get better ideas.

Most of all CONGRATULATIONS! :bunny::bunny:

threebyfate

Okay, I was being facetious about wood. :p

But it is wood and if you want to maintain that theme, I'd take her on a trip, somewhere romantic with forests.

• Author

I am thinking of booking one of those Helicopter tours in New York city or maybe even one of the ones in Atlantic City that fly around the entire Jersey Shore area.

I still remember the spot on the boardwalk where we first met and I was thinking maybe making some kind of vows there.

A treasure hunt, clues to lots of places that are dear to you both and a little surprise at each, doesn't have to be expensive, a love letter, note, charm, until you hit the place you met, if you have charms for each special place, a bracelet to put them on with a heart and your intitials and date of meeting on, then onto a lovely hotel, a dress you know she will love (with all her cosmetics and such stuff, shoes etc waiting) then a lovely meal, champagne and a private vow renewal later. That is what I would call romantic and thoughtful.

Mind you, anything that H had planned would be special. Hoorrah for your 5 year mark x enjoy

I Luv the Chariot OH

Congrats on 5 years! This year will be 5 for me and my man and well (we're not married yet, but we are planning on having our wedding on our 5 year anniversary!)

Maybe take her for a nice weekend getaway to a bed & breakfast in some city/place that was special to you guys earlier on in your realtionship?

She's_NotInLove_w/Me

One romantic idea that I once used involved writing out the reasons why I loved her. I wrote 69 reasons why I loved her (I typed them and cut them out, some say handwritten is a litle more personal), then I bought some Hershey Kisses and to each kiss I attached a reason (a glue stick works well for this). I then I placed all of them in a candy jar. It was a relatively simple and easy thing to do.

In your case, make it 60 reasons, since you have been married 60 months. Write her a note explaining you had a tough time narrowing it down to only 60 reasons why you love her... how you would do it all over again, etc...

You could present them to her during your helicopter flight, or at the boardwalk meeting spot! I guarantee she would love it!

whichwayisup
In June we will married five years. I can't believe it actually lasted that long but it did and things are better than ever. I want to plan something big and though it is only March I figure it would be good to get an early start. For the ladies if you were about to celebrate a milestone anniversary what would you like your husband to do?

How adventurous are you two?

Skydiving - Extreme.

Renewing or saying your vows to eachother again.

Renting a gorgeous cabin somewhere or book a bed and breakfast for a weekend.

• Author

We are not really woodsy kind of people. I know the helicopter ride is certainly in the cards because she loves going to New York with me. We will most likely have a boat by then so I can do something out in the Ocean as well.

Trojan John
.......Paris!

Paris sucks. :) Go to the Provence region and rent a gite for a week. Go to the town market and buy some foodstuffs and wine. Take day hikes, pick some lavender, have sex like teens.

• Author

I am wondering if proposing in the spot where we first met would be a good idea. She sort of proposed to me the first time around and I feel it would be nice to give her a good old fashioned proposal with me getting down on one knee.

• 2 weeks later...